Quality Manufacturing Systems, Inc., specializes in manufacturing automation controls and systems integration. Our primary focus is custom high-end systems, serving customers worldwide. Our customers range from small companies to large factories with thousands of employees. We have immediate openings for systems engineers who want a challenging profession and enjoy travel.
QMSI is currently looking for mechanical/electrical technicians who fit the following criteria:
- Five+ years of experience—with emphasis on the assembly and maintenance of custom machines and of conveyance systems
- Experience with machine structure, conveyors, instrumentation, electrical panels
- Familiarity with computers and ability to read assembly drawings in SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Interest in a long-term home with QMSI in LaVergne, TN (a suburb of Nashville)
- Employ best practices for existing and new projects
- Able to work directly with customers during project development, deployment, and support
- Able to work in a self-directed manner to plan, manage, and accomplish multiple tasks and assignments to meet required deadlines
- Recognize the importance of being task-oriented and of paying attention to details
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a team and understand the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication
- Able to effectively communicate technical information and respond to questions
- Able to travel and to work outside normal working hours (including weekends) when necessary to meet schedules and/or to install modifications to online production facilities
- Able to use the following machine shop skills, as needed
- Milling Machine
- Band Saw
- Welding – a plus, but not necessary
- Able to anticipate and solve problems as well as to troubleshoot
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Be energetic, creative, and well-organized.