The vision of QLess, the world’s leading purveyor of time, is to extend enjoyable life. Our web-based software has given back over 6,000 years of otherwise-wasted time to our millions of users, by allowing them to hold their spot in a virtual line using their cell phone, instead of being stuck waiting in a physical line or a waiting room.
QLess was named America’s Best Computer Services Company at this year’s American Business Awards for the fourth year in a row, and the Best Computer Services Company in the world at the last International Business Awards, the fifteenth Stevie award for QLess. Our growth rate has placed it in the top 5% of the Inc 5000 fastest-growing companies in America.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Controller with strong understanding of accrual accounting, hands on GAAP. understanding of revenue accounting standards.
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and GAAP methodologies
- Create, maintain accurate and timely monthly financial reports (PL, BS, CF) to executive committee and Board
- Handle daily cash management and produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Lead and guide all operations of the finance/accounting department, including accounts payable, AR, billings collections, and payroll and taxes
- Drive close, improve close process, run check list and reduce close days
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet
- Reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Enhance monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is well forecasted 12 months out and collections are punctual
- Manage the creation of the annual budget and forecasts by department and monitor them on a monthly basis
- Work with CFO to recast historical financials with accrual based accounting, and establishing proper process, procedures and controls
- 5-6 yrs accounting experience
- Expert at Quickbooks, can do entries
- Run close process, procedures, reconciliations and produce audit ready financials on his/her own
- Experience converting cash to accrual accounting
- Can lead a team of accountants to close AR, AP, cash, close books, solve discrepancy issues proactively
- Extremely detail oriented and highly communicative
Nice to have
- Software experience, SaaS experience
- Big 4 or CPA