QLess is a young, rapidly-expanding company headquartered in Pasadena, CA, with clients on 6 continents. Our web-based software has given back over 6,000 years of otherwise-wasted time to our millions of users, by allowing them to hold their spot in a virtual line using their cell phone, instead of being stuck waiting in a physical line or a waiting room.
This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Manage and develop a team of 5-8 software engineers, including hiring, salary reviews, etc.
- Conduct team standups, one-on-ones, and other department meetings as needed.
- Manage daily development workflow.
- Coordinate release management within the team and with Product and Support.
- Allocate team resources between feature development, tech debt, troubleshooting, and other activities as required, including coordinating offshore and contract resources.
- Collaborate with Product and Sales to scope and plan custom development.
- Ensure team goals are aligned with business goals at all times.
- Collaborate with technology management on architecture and design.
- Design and code features and fixes.
- Work with solutions consultants to respond to highly technical customer inquiries and manage RFP’s.
- Coordinate incident response for critical customer-facing production issues.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 – 10 years of progressive management experience.
- Extensive experience delivering production-grade web applications at scale.
- Expert-level software developer experience, preferably in Java.
- Deep familiarity with modern cloud-native microservice architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a cross-functional agile team, delivering high-quality software on a regular cadence.
- Production troubleshooting expertise.
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Friendly and casual work environment (recently awarded one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal)
- Generous stock options
- Unlimited vacation (within limits)