, we’re building a set of easy-to-use tools for game developers to integrate blockchain into their games. We believe blockchain will enable new economic and creative opportunities for gamers around the world and have assembled a team of proven veterans from across the industry (Kabam, Unity, GarageGames, ngmoco, Twitch), as well as a $100M developer fund
, to help make it happen. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for a Technical Writer (Contract) in our Platform team who will be responsible for drafting, editing and/or re-writing documentation that will assist internal and external partner organizations with their integration with the Forte Platform. You will be coordinating timely revision and review of policies, procedures, or processes and providing support on various Forte initiatives and projects.
In this role, you will...
- Create and maintain internal and external documentation for Forte’s platform technologies, tools, and processes
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you create and develop
- Write high quality technical content that effectively communicates complex information clearly and concisely, and without jargon
- Consider all aspects of a document request, anticipating and unblocking any potential downstream issues that were not considered by others
- Supplement documentation with relevant sample code
- Ensure all platform documentation materials provide a world-class developer experience
To be a good fit, you have...
- Degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, a related writing-oriented field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience writing technical content
- Excellent English writing skills
- Enthusiastic team member with effective social skills
- Openness to change and innovation
- Comfortable with rapid-paced and dynamic software development
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Thorough knowledge of all processes and procedures for document creation, including conversion, organization, and writing coordination
- Ability to interpret and understand design and test specifications, design diagrams and engineering schematics to ensure complete and accurate documentation
- Knowledge of markup languages, such as Markdown, XML, and/or HTML
Bonus if you also have...
- Experience with the fundamentals of blockchain technology, developer platforms, game design, and / or token economics
- Previous experience with API / 3rd Party SaaS technical documentation
We believe in treating people right to build a great team for the journey ahead. If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive compensation package
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Forte
is developing blockchain technology platforms and products built for the games industry. By tackling hard technology problems behind the scenes, Forte is forging a more collaborative future between game developers, players and creators. The founding team of Forte is comprised of experts in game platform development, game design and publishing from leading companies such as Kabam, GarageGames, Unity, Linden Lab, and Gen.G Esports.