Maintains quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results.
- Ensure proper processes are followed throughout the company.
- Test base and pigmented/mixed putties to ensure adherence to internal standards.
- Provide timely and accurate verification of in-process product inspections and conduct finished product inspections against predetermined acceptance criteria, to support authorization of product release and subsequent shipment to customers.
- Follow AQL sampling charts to correctly determine sample size for each quality check.
- Complete related inspection records and documents to demonstrate compliance to customer, product, and inspection requirements.
- Document nonconformances using the Nonconformance Report (NCR) process.
- Work with production coordinator to monitor quality at outside work centers and train as necessary
- Work with Senior Quality Associate and/or operations to improve QC processes.
- Actively participate in regular QC meeting.
- Keep work area clean and neat
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years minimum experience in a QC role or QA department.
- Strong MS Word, Excel skills. Experience with Gmail and Google Apps (Docs, Sheets) a plus.
- Experience with AQL and inspection methods.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills.
- Good arithmetic and mechanical aptitude.
- Able to follow detailed instructions.
- Excellent logic and problem solving skills.
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to identify quality control issues.
- Team player with a "can do" attitude.