The Quality and Compliance Manager is responsible for the development, management, and continuous improvement of the company's Quality Management and Regulatory Compliance program. Ensure that the company and products remain in full compliance with internal standards as well as external regulatory requirements. Validate that all products are of consistent high quality, meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Continuously review customer feedback as well as internal audits and implement strategies to address emerging issues with everything from production material to finished product. Be an advocate for quality in the workplace throughout the organization.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the production QC lab, including direct reports and dotted line employees.
- Collect, audit, analyze, and report on quality control documentation.
- Develop, write, and control documentation related to work instruction, procedures, or any other pertinent documentation related to product quality.
- Develop corrective and preventative actions, along with developing new testing procedures.
- Work with other Department Managers to collect and document data that influence quality or compliance concerns.
- Lead regular QC meeting and communicate changes in process to stakeholders.
- Specify and implement analytical equipment and test methods to ensure quantitative measurement of quality criteria.
- Implement quality control training programs in all production areas of the company.
- Work with guidance from legal counsel and company president to implement regulatory compliance program for all products.
- Ensure that products and processes comply with ASTM F963, EN71 and related worldwide consumer products and toy safety standards.
- Work closely with other department managers to address and remediate any quality related issues within the production process and/or supply chain.
- Maintain an active role in internal continuous improvement plans.
- Assure adherence of employees to plant and company policies with regard to safety.
- Coach and mentor others throughout the company to foster an environment where quality and compliance are a top priority.
- Bachelor’s degree with a scientific or mathematical background
- Proficient in Quality Control methodologies, inspection processes including implementation of technology, and process improvements
- One year of management experience with a proven record of managing multiple people and projects at the same time, while maintaining the highest level of quality, preferred.
- Strategic thinker who has an eye for impact outside one’s own department
- Five years of Quality Control background
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required