The Associate Landman is an entry level position whose responsibilities will include researching county records to determine the surface and mineral ownership of a piece of property in order to prepare for possible oil and natural gas production in the area where the property is located.
- Follow all company policies and procedures outline in the employee handbook
- Research county records to determine surface and mineral ownership
- Review county records using online databases or travel to the local county courthouse to review county records
- Analyze and research results to select the relevant information to input into reports and databases for submission to the client
- Other duties as assigned by management and determined by business needs
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree and/or less than 12 months of industry related experience. The degree does not have to be related to petroleum land management.
- Ability to meet specific deadlines, daily and weekly, based on current internal and client needs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of management and clients (in writing and verbally)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; specifically Excel and Word
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat