This position will be under Purity Cosmetics' Manufacturing Department, Our Babylon LLC.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Production Supervisor has leadership, responsibility, and accountability for all production operations. The supervisor monitors and is accountable for following the Instructions received from the Lab Staff, Operation Management and CEOs and for sharing knowledge and experience regarding his/her duties and the Subject Matters to achieve the best quality of the products manufactured in house and by outside vendors. The Production Supervisor is accountable for maintaining all the relevant documents including and not limited to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Technical Data Sheets (TDS), Certificate of Origin (Vegan, Natural, Organic, etc.), Country of Origin Certificate.
- Hands on monitoring and supervising the filling machine and lot coder.
- Hands on management of quality assurance and quality control of manufacturing as well as product produced by our vendors.
- Mixing formulas in Manufacturing Setting following the instructions written in the Batch Board step by step and monitor the Pilot Batch and the first production batch with Lab Staff
- Develop, implement, and document operating procedures, performance objectives, and key initiatives.
- Establish effective, productive staff fostering teamwork and safety. Cross train associates.
- Responsible for maintenance and sanitation of manufacturing area.
- Follow the standards of cGMP, FDA rules, and safety procedures. Maintain all necessary documentation.
- Active member of Operations and Logistic Department.
- Accountable for maintaining the inventory of Production Raw Materials and Supplies through Excel Spread Sheet in the share drive.
- Willing to do the manufacturing and assembly work with the team.
- Drive Forklift in the Manufacturing Facility. The company is willing to train and certify employee if there is no previous experience.
- Participate on special projects and perform other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Detail Oriented
- This position will oversee a team of production associates.
- This job operates in a manufacturing environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lift and move drums and equipment in a production/laboratory setting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit.
- No travel is expected for this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Cosmetics Science or Business Management.
- Managed a minimum of 8 associates.
- Knowledge of FDA, cGMP, and safety procedures.
- 1 year experience in Cosmetic and Personal Care Manufacturing (Color Cosmetic Manufacturing experience is a plus)
- Flexible, adaptive. Must be able to deal with challenges in a productive manner.
- Experience with cosmetics is preferred.
- Good ability to read, speak, understand, and write instructions in both English and Spanish is preferred.