At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today’s advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That’s why we’re a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
We are looking for an individual who is excited to be part of Email Security and Threat Research Engineering Group. Your primary responsibility will be to enhance and maintain the code for the critical systems deployed in the production as well as research the future advancements. This is a great opportunity for you to work with the engineers in the team and other cross functional teams. This team thrives to look for innovative ways to solve emerging threats related to emails. The Proofpoint Email Security Solution is extremely flexible and supports various cloud infrastructure and integrates with a variety of system architectures. It is a highly scalable, blazingly fast, self-learning reputation system that requires minimal human intervention to provide the world’s best spam detection.
- You will be working on a highly visible on production email security systems.
- Develop, test, and sustain world-class software application.
- Evaluate and improve the algorithms for better false positive/negative classification
- Write unit tests and functional specifications.
- Provide prompt resolutions to customer and production related escalations.
- Work closely with cross functional teams including operations, QA, and support.
- Work with Product Management to understand and refine requirements.
- Adhere to best engineering practices/standards, and Influence software engineers’ best practices within the team.
What you bring to the team
- 8 years of minimum experience in building high volume data driven systems
- 5+ year of strong knowledge/experience with Java, Perl, and Python.
- Thorough understanding of database concepts both in the SQL and NoSQL world
- Experienced in working on systems at scale and is comfortable dealing with millions/billions of requests.
- Able to design and code clean, and elegant web services
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent team player
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management.
- B.S. or preferably M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture!