AWESOME Java Developers Wanted~! If you are great at what you do, highly motivated, want to work in a fast paced fun environment with the newest technology from Google then please keep reading.
Local candidates only please: candidates must be in the Cincinnati, OH area.
You will be developing, documenting, and implementing cloud-based applications for our business customers and our own products. Our solutions are based primarily in Java technology and run on cutting-edge cloud computing platforms and services such as Google App Engine.
The position requires experience with and practical hands-on knowledge in the following:
- Java development
- Web-based and/or client-server software development experience
- Experience in object oriented programming
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of one year experience performing a similar role
- Experience and ability of working in a fast-paced, changing, and multi-tasking environment
Helpful additional skills include:
- Google development ( including Google App Engine, GWT, and knowledge of Google APIs )
- Cross-browser web UI development ( not design )
- Developing / using background processes within an application
- Understanding of bigtable databases
- Familiar with exception handling
- Familiar with building scalable applications
The successful candidate will:
- Live locally, be flexible to work evenings or weekends at times as deployment & customer schedules dictate.
- Work well in a fast-paced, demanding, small team environment.
- Communicate concisely and frequently with management and team members be responsible, deadline-driven, and take pride in the quality of their work & their contribution to the results of the team.
- Be capable of documenting software systems for the understanding of non-technical audiences.
- Be thrilled at the challenge of developing with cloud-based PAAS environments.
The Fun Stuff:
- Our Promevo Offices have complimentary coffee, drinks, energy drinks, and snacks
- Full Kitchen
- Lots of big kid toys and space to play, relax or take a nap
- Health Benefits
- 401K with Employer Match
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Company Holidays