Tracr™ is rapidly expanding, and we are looking for an experienced Python Software Engineerto join us in our growth and success. You will be working alongside our multi-disciplinary team, in our brand new London offices for one of the most exciting global blockchain companies.
What you'll be doing
Explore a variety of Blockchain technologies and be at the fore-front of the development of leading edge crypto systems. Apply Blockchain technology for different verticals and use-cases to build niche platforms and solutions. Work with a team of engineers to deliver one or more solution components.
Due to incredible delivery, we're in the process of launching Beta and will be building a wide array of B2B applications to sit with the platform. We're looking for an exceptional Python Software Engineer with experience working within high performance Engineering teams.
Our tech stack includes: Python, Blockchain, React, Angular, ES6, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes amongst many other cutting edge technologies
What we require
· Excellent knowledge of Python with excellent commercial experience
· Extensive knowledge of API development and microservices
· Excellent understanding of the HTTP protocol
· Familiarity with container technology such as Docker
· Experience with Git
· Experience of writing unit and integration tests
· Experience with Agile development environment
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Task (Story) time estimation
· Solution architecture experience (documentation, UMLworkflow diagrams etc) is essential
· Experience building and maintaining RESTful services using established web frameworks
· Familiarity with SQL/noSQL databases and query languages
· Experience with automated testing (unit, functional, and integration tests) on a TDD model
· Strong experience with agile delivery methodologies
What we desire
· Demonstrated ability balance workload of multiple projects simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to oversee quality control
· Working in a start-up and/or tech culture
· An understanding of the Tracr business with an interest and curiosity to learn more
· Emotional self-awareness, positive outlook, emotional self-control, adaptability and empathy
Additional skills that would be useful
· Knowledge of Rust
· Experience with peer-to-peer networks or distributed systems
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
· Familiarity with Ethereum & Solidity, Hyperledger or blockchain in general
· Experience with using Jira for product tracking / management
· Familiarity/interest in cryptography (encryption, signatures etc)
We are not looking exclusively for someone with the perfect experience, values, and culture fit. We are instead looking for someone who can enrich our existing values, and culture:
- Invent Together - Tracr is an inventive environment to build your professional future. Industry scale transformation requires collaborative invention in order to create state of the art digital platforms. We value co-creation as we build together for the future of the industry.
- Teach What You Learn - Tracr is a fast paced learning environment. By teaching what you’ve learned and replicating your knowledge, proves your capabilities. You also free yourselves to develop additional valuable skills, and apply them.
- Own Your Role - Having responsibility with the authority to decide how to achieve your goals allows you to exercise your creativity. Tracr values those who make proactive decisions on how best to achieve their goals and hold themselves accountable along the way.
- Prioritise Vigilantly - Busy? It’s not a question we care to ask. The focus is on understanding the short and long term priorities and adapting them to a dynamic landscape. With this focus on achieving our vision we can work as a team to realise it.