We are Tracr, the world’s first supply chain platform and blockchain for the globe's diamond industry.
We are rapidly expanding, and currently looking to appoint an experienced Lead Engineer to lead our team of exceptional engineers to deliver incredible solution components. Who are we?
Tracr is an innovative, industry-focused traceability platform developed for the diamond industry by market leader, De Beers. We use unique cutting-edge AI and Blockchain technologies that allow users to keep ownership of their data and share it selectively, while still ensuring immutable traceability.
Find out all about us at http://www.Tracr.com
and how we’ve been taking the market by storm!
· https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-article/de-beers-blockchain-platform/ What you'll be doing
Explore a variety of Blockchain technologies and be at the fore-front of the development of leading edge crypto systems. Lead a team of engineers to deliver one or more solution components.
We're looking for an exceptional, talent and inspiring Lead Engineer with experience leading and growing high performance Engineering teams.
Our tech stack includes: Python, Blockchain, React, Angular, ES6, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes amongst many other cutting edge technologiesWhat we require
· Excellent knowledge of Python with at least 6 years of commercial experience
· Extensive knowledge of API development and microservices
· Excellent understanding of the HTTP protocol
· Familiarity with container technology such as Docker
· Experience with Git
· Experience of writing unit and integration tests
· Experience with Agile development environment
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Task (Story) time estimation
· Solution architecture experience (documentation, UMLworkflow diagrams etc) is essential
· Experience building and maintaining RESTful services using established web frameworks
· Familiarity with SQL databases and query languages
· Experience with automated testing (unit, functional, and integration tests) on a TDD model
· Strong experience with agile delivery methodologiesWhat we desire
· Proven strength in managing relationships with non-technical stakeholders
· Demonstrated ability balance workload of multiple projects simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to oversee quality control
· Working in a start-up and/or tech culture
· An understanding of the Tracr business with an interest and curiosity to learn more
· Emotional self-awareness, positive outlook, emotional self-control, adaptability and empathy
· Able to lead, inspire and nurtures others, and grow teams
Additional skills that would be useful
· Experience with peer-to-peer networks or distributed systems
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
· Knowledge of Rust
· Familiarity with Ethereum & Solidity, Hyperledger or blockchain in general
· Experience with using Jira for product tracking / management
· Familiarity/interest in cryptography (encryption, signatures etc)
· Strong experience with JS libraries including: React, Angular, Vue etc
· Experience with version control systems: Git/SVN
· Experience working with CMS platforms (AEM, Hybris, Wordpress, etc)
· Experience working with voice and chat-driven interfaces
· Strong understanding of Web Accessibility
We are not looking exclusively for someone with the perfect experience, values, and culture fit. We are instead looking for someone who can enrich our existing values, and culture.
· Invent Together - Tracr is an inventive environment to build your professional future. Industry scale transformation requires collaborative invention in order to create state of the art digital platforms. We value co-creation as we build together for the future of the industry.
· Teach What You Learn - Tracr is a fast paced learning environment. By teaching what you’ve learned and replicating your knowledge, proves your capabilities. You also free yourselves to develop additional valuable skills, and apply them.
· Own Your Role - Having responsibility with the authority to decide how to achieve your goals allows you to exercise your creativity. Tracr values those who make proactive decisions on how best to achieve their goals and hold themselves accountable along the way.
· Prioritise Vigilantly - Busy? It’s not a question we care to ask. The focus is on understanding the short and long term priorities and adapting them to a dynamic landscape. With this focus on achieving our vision we can work as a team to realise it.
For more information and to schedule a confidential call to discuss in more detail, please apply today.