We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic and practical blockchain software engineer with a keen interest in current blockchain technology going beyond cryptocurrencies and experience in implementing private and consortium networks.
Using your experience of different blockchain technologies and software engineering best practices you will be involved in the design and implementation of secure and scalable applications that are transforming the diamond industry.
You will take an active part in team discussions and code reviews and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues to identify, prioritise and deliver features which bring value to the core platform and applications running on top of it.
Engineering is a small, focused, flat team of software, security, blockchain and devops engineers and we are looking for people to not only help us deliver our requirements but also to add to our existing broad and diverse knowledge base.
- Design and implementation of blockchain aspects of our core solution for diamond traceability in line with software engineering best practices
- Analysis of proposed solutions from eg. performance, scalability and security perspectives
- Working with the wider engineering team in implementing our core platform and helping them work with and understand blockchain technologies
- Taking an active part in blockchain code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other members of the team
- Working closely with product and project management on identifying and prioritising features
- Internal education and evangelising of blockchain-related protocols/platform/theories
- Practical demonstrable experience in implementing blockchain solutions
- Solid relevant academic background
- Provable working understanding of core blockchain concepts e.g. how blockchains and consensus protocols work, how different signature approaches work and when they should be used etc
- Hands-on experience in developing and prototyping smart-contracts with solid experience in related tools (e.g. Solidity, web3, Truffle, Infura, Geth, Parity etc)
- Experience of working in more than one blockchain (e.g. Hyperledger/Quorum/Multichain) including Ethereum
- Working experience in dealing with blockchain issues including security, privacy-preservation, scalability (off-chain/on-chain) with an interest and understanding of wider issues e.g. regulatory implications
- Experience and interest in enclave approaches to trusted execution and their implications to Blockchain
- Solid experience in cryptographic protocols addressing existing blockchain issues (encryption schemes, zero-knowledge, signature schemes)
- Working experience in implementation of secure and scalable data-integrity layer (eg Merkle tree-based techniques)
- Solid experience with researching, designing and implementing highly-scalable distributed systems
- Solid experience with researching, designing and implementing token systems
- Experience in building Blockchains that may operate in inherently insecure environments
We are not looking exclusively for someone with the perfect experience, values, and culture fit. We are looking for someone who can enrich our existing values, and culture.
- Invent Together - Tracr is an inventive environment to build your professional future. Industry scale transformation requires collaborative invention in order to create state of the art digital platforms. We value co-creation as we build together for the future of the industry.
- Teach What You Learn - Tracr is a fast paced learning environment. By teaching what you’ve learned and replicating your knowledge, proves your capabilities. You also free yourselves to develop additional valuable skills, and apply them.
- Own Your Role - Having responsibility with the authority to decide how to achieve your goals allows you to exercise your creativity. Tracr values those who make proactive decisions on how best to achieve their goals and hold themselves accountable along the way.
- Prioritise Vigilantly - Busy? It’s not a question we care to ask. The focus is on understanding the short and long term priorities and adapting them to a dynamic landscape. With this focus on achieving our vision we can work as a team to realise it.