We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic back end software engineer with a keen interest in current technology and engineering.
Using your experience of python, p2p/distributed platforms and software engineering best practices, you will be involved in the design and implementation of secure and scalable applications that are transforming the diamond industry.
You will take an active part in team discussions and code reviews and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues to identify, prioritise and deliver features which bring value to the core platform and applications running on top of it. You will also get to contribute (or just get exposure - up to you) to all the aspects of the Tracr platform, from blockchain to machine learning to IoT and security engineering (e.g. Intel SGX), and you will also work very closely with the front end developers and the product team.
Engineering is a small, focused, flat team of software, security, blockchain and devops engineers and we are looking for people to not only help us deliver our requirements but also to add to our existing broad and diverse knowledge base.
- Excellent knowledge of Python with at least 3 years of commercial experience
- Extensive knowledge of API development and Microservices
- Excellent understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Familiarity with container technology such as Docker
- Experience with Git
- Experience of writing unit and integration tests
- Experience with Agile development environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with peer-to-peer networks or distributed systems
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Ethereum & Solidity, Hyperledger or blockchain in general
- Knowledge of Rust
- Experience with using Jira for product tracking / management
- Familiarity/interest in cryptography (encryption, signatures etc)