We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic back end software engineer with a keen interest in current technology and engineering.
Using your experience of python, p2p/distributed platforms and software engineering best practices, you will be involved in the design and implementation of secure and scalable applications that are transforming the diamond industry.
You will take an active part in team discussions and code reviews and you will work collaboratively with your colleagues to identify, prioritise and deliver features which bring value to the core platform and applications running on top of it. You will also get to contribute (or just get exposure - up to you) to all the aspects of the Tracr platform, from blockchain to machine learning to IoT and security engineering (e.g. Intel SGX), and you will also work very closely with the front end developers and the product team.
Engineering is a small, focused, flat team of software, security, blockchain and devops engineers and we are looking for people to not only help us deliver our requirements but also to add to our existing broad and diverse knowledge base.
- Excellent knowledge of Python, paired with at least 3 years of commercial experience in Python
- Excellent understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Familiarity with container technology such as Docker
- Experience with Git
- Experience of writing unit and integration tests
- Experience with Agile development environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with peer-to-peer networks or distributed systems
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Ethereum & Solidity, Hyperledger or blockchain in general
- Knowledge of Rust
- Experience with using Jira for product tracking / management
- Familiarity/interest in cryptography (encryption, signatures etc)
We are not looking exclusively for someone with the perfect experience, values, and culture fit. We are looking for someone who can enrich our existing values, and culture.
- Invent Together - Tracr is an inventive environment to build your professional future. Industry scale transformation requires collaborative invention in order to create state of the art digital platforms. We value co-creation as we build together for the future of the industry.
- Teach What You Learn - Tracr is a fast paced learning environment. By teaching what you’ve learned and replicating your knowledge, proves your capabilities. You also free yourselves to develop additional valuable skills, and apply them.
- Own Your Role - Having responsibility with the authority to decide how to achieve your goals allows you to exercise your creativity. Tracr values those who make proactive decisions on how best to achieve their goals and hold themselves accountable along the way.
- Prioritise Vigilantly - Busy? It’s not a question we care to ask. The focus is on understanding the short and long term priorities and adapting them to a dynamic landscape. With this focus on achieving our vision we can work as a team to realise it.