2020 On-site is looking for a bright and talented Director of HR. We need an experienced HR leader, who is excited to roll up his/her sleeves and tackle all areas of the employee experience. This is an incredible opportunity to recruit, engage and retain the top talent for a startup doing amazing things to transform the vision care industry. Most of all, we’re looking for a trusted leader and advocate for all 2020 On-site employees, and a steward of our culture and core values, who can help us further our mission.
Role & responsibilities
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Lead all HR initiatives with the goal of fostering an innovative, empathetic work environment. Review and make recommendations to executive management to improve the organization's policies, procedures, and practices on all people matters. Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation, guiding organizational change and compliance with best practices with a dynamic, progressive approach.
- Strategize, negotiate, and administer benefits programs. Work with benefits broker, providers, and leadership team to establish best fits for employee coverage and organization. Manage transition to PEO by December 1st.
- Manage the full employee experience across the entire lifecycle. This includes managing the applicant tracking system, sourcing candidates, assisting in recruiting and hiring, as well as owning onboarding, employee handbook compliance, offboarding, and exit interviews.
- Build and implement people strategies and solutions. Lead and choose the implementation of HRIS systems, aid in establishing performance management and review cycles, benefits, and compensation structure. Your focus will be on scalability and efficiency.
- Ensure compliance across functions. Collaborate with internal and external counsel as well as leadership team to ensure the organization conforms with current labor and employment laws. Maintain subject matter expertise regarding these rules and regulations at the federal, state, local and industry level, advising leadership team as necessary.
- Build competency model and execute learning and development programs. Evaluate the critical skills required to succeed with the organization at each level. Create clear paths for advancement and collaborate with internal/external partners to create programs that build the team’s competencies.
- Champion 2020 On-site’s culture. Facilitate how our core values are represented across the company - how they influence behavior, how teams work together, how managers can reinforce and model them, and how we celebrate them.
Skills & qualifications
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience required, ideally within a high-growth startup
- Strong preference for candidates who have experience working with remote teams
- Previous experience with running multi-state payroll and/or managing a PEO platform
- Resourceful, highly detail-oriented with a strong bias for action
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification strongly preferred