We are looking for a technical leader to ensure the successful delivery of enterprise application projects. This role is responsible for leading project delivery teams, customer communication, championing the Agile/Scrum-based delivery methodology, budgetary and schedule accountability, and more.
As a Technical Delivery Manager at Productive Edge, you will be a member of a high performing team delivering software solutions to clients. Your days will normally consist of the following activities:
- Utilize experience with Agile software development paradigms to help drive projects and manage/coordinate multiple initiatives and development teams (including offshore)
- Facilitate core Agile meetings with one or more teams (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Demo, Retrospective, and Backlog Grooming)
- Report on project status, budget, schedule, and Agile metrics such as velocity and cycle time
- Participate in collaboration sessions with customers to formulate creative and practical solutions to their challenges
- Identify dependencies and remove impediments to ensure that deliverables are achieved on time and within budget
- Interface and effectively communicate with both business and technical resources, both on-site at the client and remotely
- Develop, coach, and mentor team members on standards and best practices for Agile software delivery
To excel in these daily activities, a Technical Delivery Manager at Productive Edge would make use of the following experience and skills:
- Maximize your expertise as a technical delivery leader within a consultancy environment
- Highly conversant in the business and technical focus area of their project, including the ability to whiteboard a business solution architecture
- Ability to provide “gut check” reviews of developer estimates/activities
- Ability to easily understand the business problem and viewed as the “go-to person” for anything the project sponsor needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a customer, business and technology stakeholders
- Experience with designing and implementing large software systems, and working with distributed teams to deliver them in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Experience in problem-solving, and able to follow a methodical implementation process
- Ability to cast the project vision, assembling and motivating a team to achieve it
- Drive the creation of product and sprint backlogs and manages their effective execution
- Develops, models, and mentors on standards
- A natural leader who wants to grow their leadership and strategy skills
- A strong analytical and logical mind and relishes the opportunity to solve complex problems
- Deep and broad technical knowledge
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based leader in digital transformation. As digital business consultants, we focus on digital strategy, customer experience, operations improvement, and product & services enablement. How do we do this? Through launching solutions for Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Intelligent Automation (IA), Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud Native Solutions. Sounds fun, right? It gets better...and that’s where you come in!
Productive Edge offers the dynamic opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment that values innovation and creativity. We are a culture that stays on the cusp of today’s developing and emerging technologies. Our passion, ingenuity, and dedication set us apart from other consultants (as does our modern work atmosphere with fun outings, foosball, stocked fridge, and other activities). Because we work with and develop solutions for some of the world’s most exciting brands, we are actively searching for individuals who are ready to change the way the world operates.
And if that’s not enough, Productive Edge has been featured as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, included in Crain’s Fast 50, and is a regular on Inc. 5000.