A typical day in the life of a SR. Content Strategist at Productive Edge:
- Run a two-hour workshop with a product team, helping them find the human language around the feature they’re building.
- Brainstorm with a UX Design teammate(s) on how to walk a customer through a sign-in process, or how to make error messages more human.
- Work with a design team to co-write a content workbook, including conversation structure, ideal phrases, human language, and navigation ideas.
- Lead a co-writing session with design, legal, marketing and product.
- Answer email. (We’re all trying to spend less time on this, but let’s be real.)
- Lead a journey-mapping session to outline the customer experience for our client’s digital or physical experiences
- Co-write a user-testing script for a redesigned experience
- Create content prototypes that will be used to validate hypotheses in testing.
- Facilitate a group conversation to help a team clarify what they are working on, or how they are working.
- Help, support, and coach client team members.
You’ll need to be pretty dang good at wearing these hats:
- Customer Advocate -- You'll dig into who our customers are and what language they use, then ensure our products speak their language
- Writer -- You’ll build trustworthy relationships with customers by making "simplicity and humanity" core facets of our product content
- Editor -- You'll cut or change what doesn’t help audiences find, understand, and choose us
- UX Designer -- You'll establish a cohesive conversation with users, both within and across our many digital experiences
- Researcher -- You’ll test your content on real customers, iterate until it’s clear as a bell, then see it rolled out to millions of people
- Data Scientist -- You'll study analytics and use data to drive your messaging decisions and support/dispel your assumptions
- UX Strategist – assist in aligning client teams towards providing a strategic, phased approach to content creation, delivery, and governance
You’ll love your job THE MOST if you:
- See words as an incredibly powerful tool for connecting with people
- Are passionate about the customer and want to use your influence to design experiences that build trust and help people
- Commit only to what is essential, and your calendar and to-do lists reflect that
- Are articulate and prepared, able to confidently substantiate your decisions to peers and senior-level executives alike
- Have a positive yet practical attitude; we could call your colleagues and they’d gush over how much they love working with you
- Work quickly without compromising quality, knowing that iteration and testing are part-and-parcel to designing exceptional user experiences
- Take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of working and communicating
You might feel pretty bummed about this job if you:
- Want to focus on content marketing
- Prefer owning a project individually to coaching others collaboratively through a project
- Work better in structured environments than in ambiguity and uncertainty
A few last things because they’re super important:
- As part of the UX Design team, you’ll sit at the intersection of content and product design. Some roles on the team cover traditional content development and management (building web experiences, creating emails, etc.). Other roles are more solidly in product and experience design (for example, what happens when a customer doesn’t pay a bill?).
- You’ll be a champion of content-first design in every project and product you work on. Ideally, you’ll help a team nail the right conversation from the beginning, then build an experience around that. Other times you’ll meet a client’s team right where they are.
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based Digital Strategy and Technology Agency. We help clients with launching differentiated client engagement strategies, enhancing employee experience and optimizing their operations. Our technology specializations include modern enterprise mobility, digital experience platforms, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cloud-native solutions, internet of things, mixed reality and blockchain.
Productive Edge offers the unique opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment. Because we focus on building long-term partnerships with our clients, Productive Edge team members are constantly challenged to anticipate the technological needs of diverse corporations. Our passion for developing the best solutions to today’s enterprise challenges makes Productive Edge such a rewarding place to work. We also offer an attractive suite of benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401k retirement plan.
Our reputation for delivering premium technological support means that we are growing all the time. We have an open loft-style work environment in downtown Chicago, steps from the red/brown line and a fun work atmosphere with outings, foosball, stocked fridge and other activities. While we have a fun work environment and a passion for what we do, we also have a flawless record of timely delivery for our clients and expect each team member to embrace our high-performance standards.