Productive Edge is looking for engaged, passionate professionals who are collaborative innovators capable of delivering industry transforming solutions. Gain more than just job experience. Learn what’s trending and help redefine Machine Learning in the commercial space. This role is about more than just solving problems or developing Java. We are looking for someone to lead digital transformation across the entire industry.
As a Java Engineer at Productive Edge, you will be a definitive force in changing the way our world uses technology. Working alongside a dynamic team, you will be delivering software solutions to clients that will lead to digital transformation. Your days will typically consist of the following activities:
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, and enhancement.
- Provide process, data and object modeling in a variety of application and database environments.
- Provide database design, development, and enhancement, as well as management and coordination of changes to existing applications.
- Maintain senior level expertise and currency in industry-leading technologies.
Does this sound exciting to you? In order to excel at these daily activities, a Java Engineer at Productive Edge would make use of the following experience and skills:
- 2+ years hands-on design and development experience with the Java platform
- 2+ years hands-on experience with object-oriented design and development, including strong working knowledge and experience with various architectural and design patterns
- Deep and broad technical knowledge – including recent hands-on programming skills – in the Java platform (JDK 6.0 or higher)
- Knowledge or experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with multiple core technologies and leading open source frameworks of the JEE platform, including Hibernate, Spring, JMS, JPA, etc.
- Experience developing MVC-based web applications with JEE technologies
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with Oracle, MySQL or other equivalent RDBMS
- Successful completion of projects working in an Agile team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working effectively with offshore developers
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Experienced in problem-solving, and able to follow a methodical implementation process
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based leader in digital transformation. As digital business consultants, we focus on digital strategy, customer experience, operations improvement, and product & services enablement. How do we do this? Through launching solutions for Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Intelligent Automation (IA), Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud Native Solutions. Sounds fun, right? It gets better...and that’s where you come in!
Productive Edge offers the dynamic opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment that values innovation and creativity. We are a culture that stays on the cusp of today’s developing and emerging technologies. Our passion, ingenuity, and dedication sets us apart from other consultants (as does our modern work atmosphere with fun outings, foosball, stocked fridge and other activities). Because we work with and develop solutions for some of the world’s most exciting brands, we are actively searching for individuals who are ready to change the way the world operates.
And if that’s not enough, Productive Edge has been featured as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, included in Crain’s Fast 50, and is a regular on Inc. 5000.