Due to our aggressive growth, PE is looking to add a Mobile Solutions Delivery Director to our mobile practice. This role will primarily be responsible for the successful delivery and strategy consultation of iOS, Android, and Hybrid application projects.
As a Mobile Solutions Delivery Director at Productive Edge, you will be a key member of a high performing team delivering software solutions to clients. Your days will normally consist of managing a team of 60 development, design, and delivery staff of experts in mobile technologies. In addition to, building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, ensuring ongoing excellence in software delivery across global teams.
- Oversee all aspects of technology team including Delivery Leadership, Architecture, Development, QA, Design and Support
- Establish strong relationship with client executives across different teams (Infrastructure, Product, PMO) and leverage those towards your strategic vision
- Be a strong leader for your team and help foster those same skills to grow your team
- P&L responsibilities
- Although the Delivery Director is not a sales role, opportunities to expand and grow the business should be a passive focus
- Help strategize with client roadmap and make delivery decisions based on these priorities
- Bringing strong technology leadership to drive high-quality work in the areas of custom mobile application development (iOS, Android, Windows)
To excel in these daily activities, a Mobile Solutions Delivery Director at Productive Edge would make use of the following experience and skills:
- Experience managing iOS and Android mobile application projects a must.
- Understanding of IoT, Azure Platform, and MBaaS solutions are a plus
- Familiarity with Xamarin or other cross-platform mobile approaches (React Native, Ionic, etc) is a plus
- 5+ years of industry (and preferably agency/consulting) experience with a proven track record of success
- Deep and broad technical background to be able to converse at the executive level and be seen as a go-to person on technology and delivery
- Very strong problem-solving skills as well as the ability to operate autonomously and to make decisions on all aspects of the team
- Ability to whiteboard business solutions
- Deep understanding of Agile best practices and how best to leverage them to meet strategic goals
- Nice-to-have: an ability to architect technical solutions
- Utilize experience with Agile software development paradigms to help drive projects and manage/coordinate multiple initiatives and development teams (including offshore)
- Interface with both business clients and technical resources both on-site at the client and remotely
- Resource planning across multiple distributed projects
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based Digital Strategy and Technology Agency. We help clients with launching differentiated client engagement strategies, enhancing employee experience and optimizing their operations. Our technology specializations include modern enterprise mobility, digital experience platforms, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cloud-native solutions, internet of things, mixed reality and blockchain.
Productive Edge offers the unique opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment. Because we focus on building long-term partnerships with our clients, Productive Edge team members are constantly challenged to anticipate the technological needs of diverse corporations. Our passion for developing the best solutions to today’s enterprise challenges makes Productive Edge such a rewarding place to work. We also offer an attractive suite of benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401k retirement plan.
Our reputation for delivering premium technological support means that we are growing all the time. We have an open loft-style work environment in downtown Chicago, steps from the red/brown line and a fun work atmosphere with outings, foosball, stocked fridge and other activities. While we have a fun work environment and a passion for what we do, we also have a flawless record of timely delivery for our clients and expect each team member to embrace our high-performance standards.