We are looking for a technical leader to ensure successful delivery of JAVA enterprise projects. This role is responsible for leading project delivery teams, customer communication, championing the Agile/Scrum-based delivery methodology, budgetary and schedule accountability, and more.
As a Technical Delivery Manager at Productive Edge, you will be a member of a high performing team delivering software solutions to clients. Your days will normally consist of the following activities:
- Utilize experience with Agile software development paradigms to help drive projects and manage/coordinate multiple initiatives and development teams (including offshore)
- Facilitate core Agile meetings with one or more teams (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Demo, Retrospective, and Backlog Grooming)
- Report on project status, budget, schedule, and Agile metrics such as velocity and cycle time
- Participate in collaboration sessions with customers to formulate creative and practical solutions to their challenges
- Identify dependencies and remove impediments to ensure that deliverables are achieved on time and within budget
- Interface and effectively communicate with both business and technical resources, both on-site at the client and remotely
- Develop, coach, and mentor team members on standards and best practices for Agile software delivery
To excel in these daily activities, a Technical Delivery Manager at Productive Edge would make use of the following experience and skills:
- Maximize your expertise as a technical delivery leader within a consultancy environment
- Highly conversant in the business and technical focus area of their project, including the ability to whiteboard a business solution architecture
- Ability to provide “gut check” reviews of developer estimates/activities
- Ability to easily understand the business problem and viewed as the “go-to person” for anything the project sponsor needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a customer, business and technology stakeholders
- Experience with designing and implementing large software systems, and working with distributed teams to deliver them in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Experience in problem-solving, and able to follow a methodical implementation process
- Ability to cast the project vision, assembling and motivating a team to achieve it
- Drive the creation of product and sprint backlogs and manages their effective execution
- Develops, models, and mentors on standards
- A natural leader who wants to grow their leadership and strategy skills
- A strong analytical and logical mind and relishes the opportunity to solve complex problems
- Deep and broad technical knowledge
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based Digital Strategy and Technology Agency. We help clients with launching differentiated client engagement strategies, enhancing employee experience and optimizing their operations. Our technology specializations include modern enterprise mobility, digital experience platforms, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cloud-native solutions, internet of things, mixed reality and blockchain.
Productive Edge offers the unique opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment. Because we focus on building long-term partnerships with our clients, Productive Edge team members are constantly challenged to anticipate the technological needs of diverse corporations. Our passion for developing the best solutions to today’s enterprise challenges makes Productive Edge such a rewarding place to work. We also offer an attractive suite of benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401k retirement plan.
Our reputation for delivering premium technological support means that we are growing all the time. We have an open loft-style work environment in downtown Chicago, steps from the red/brown line and a fun work atmosphere with outings, foosball, stocked fridge and other activities. While we have a fun work environment and a passion for what we do, we also have a flawless record of timely delivery for our clients and expect each team member to embrace our high-performance standards.