We are looking for a Business Analyst/Product Owner. This individual will be a leader who collaborates with clients and development teams to define a solution that brings a client’s vision to life. Productive Edge analysts participate in all aspects of the SDLC to create meaningful solutions and take real pride in driving their projects through successful delivery.
With our impressive list of premier global clients and exponential growth, we’re looking to add a Business Analyst/Product Owner to be part of this exciting time. This role is responsible for leading concurrent project delivery teams, customer communication, championing the Agile/Scrum-based delivery methodology, budgetary and schedule accountability, and more.
As a Business Analyst/Product Owner at Productive Edge, you will be a member of a high-performing team delivering technical solutions to clients. Your days will normally consist of the following activities:
- Partner with client Business to define project vision and propose solutions
- Work with client stakeholders to gather business and functional requirements on current and future systems and processes
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the customer’s business and functional needs to act as a point of contact between business and delivery teams
- Contribute to iteration planning meetings to determine release and sprint capacity, estimation, and velocity
- Write epics and user stories to detail software design for on- and offshore development teams, using multiple tools and artifacts as needed
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and diagrams to visually illustrate user needs
- Participate in Agile development activities to ensure quality, clarity, and transparency throughout delivery
- Deliver software that adds measurable value to clients, ensuring client satisfaction throughout engagement
To excel in these daily activities, a Business Analyst/Product Owner at Productive Edge would make valuable contributions drawing from the following experience and skills:
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP), tools (JIRA), and artifacts (epics, user stories)
- Diagramming / modeling tools (OmniGraffle, Visio), artifacts (process flows, use cases), and languages (UML, BPMN)
- User experience and UI design best practices and wireframing / prototyping tools (Balsamiq, Axure)
- Project management processes and artifacts (Gantt charts, work breakdown structures)
- Development / technical knowledge and skills (CMS, Magnolia)
- Quality processes (test cases, defect triage)
- Time, task, organization, and meeting management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, especially client facing
- Industry standards best practices, education and certifications (PMP, CBAP, CSM)
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based Digital Strategy and Technology Agency. We help clients with launching differentiated client engagement strategies, enhancing employee experience and optimizing their operations. Our technology specializations include modern enterprise mobility, digital experience platforms, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cloud-native solutions, internet of things, mixed reality and blockchain.
Productive Edge offers the unique opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment. Because we focus on building long-term partnerships with our clients, Productive Edge team members are constantly challenged to anticipate the technological needs of diverse corporations. Our passion for developing the best solutions to today’s enterprise challenges makes Productive Edge such a rewarding place to work. We also offer an attractive suite of benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401k retirement plan.
Our reputation for delivering premium technological support means that we are growing all the time. While we have a fun work environment and a passion for what we do, we also have a flawless record of timely delivery for our clients and expect each team member to embrace our high-performance standards.