As a Java Tech Lead at Productive Edge, you will be a member of a high-performing team delivering software solutions to clients. Your days will normally consist of the following activities:
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, and enhancement.
- Provide process, data and object modeling in a variety of application and database environments.
- Provide database design, development, and enhancement, as well as management and coordination of changes to existing applications.
- Maintain senior level expertise and currency in industry-leading technologies.
To excel in these daily activities, As a Java Tech Lead at Productive Edge, you will be a member of a high-performing team focused on delivering custom software solutions to clients, you would make use of the following experience and skills:
- 5+ years hands-on design and development experience with the Java platform
- 7+ years hands-on experience with object-oriented design and development, including strong working knowledge and experience with various architectural and design patterns
- Deep and broad technical knowledge – including recent hands-on programming skills – in the Java platform (JDK 8.0 or higher)
- Significant experience with multiple core technologies in the J2EE platform (v5 of higher, e.g. – Spring Framework, Hibernate, etc.)
- Strong understanding of web flows and integrating back-end with front-end components for high load websites
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with Oracle, MySQL or other equivalent RDBMS
- Experience working effectively with offshore developers
- Experience developing enterprise-class systems
- Strong understanding of Linux and Linux Scripting
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture and MicroServices Architecture, both in design and implementation
- Successful completion of multiple projects working in an Agile team environmentStrong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customer business and technology stakeholders
- Experience with designing and implementation of large software systems, and working with distributed teams to deliver them in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Experienced in problem-solving, and able to follow a methodical implementation process
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing priorities
- Willingness and ability to achieve relevant Java certifications (e.g. – OCPJP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based Digital Strategy and Technology Agency. We help clients with launching differentiated client engagement strategies, enhancing employee experience and optimizing their operations. Our technology specializations include modern enterprise mobility, digital experience platforms, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cloud-native solutions, internet of things, mixed reality and blockchain.
Productive Edge offers the unique opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment. Because we focus on building long-term partnerships with our clients, Productive Edge team members are constantly challenged to anticipate the technological needs of diverse corporations. Our passion for developing the best solutions to today’s enterprise challenges makes Productive Edge such a rewarding place to work. We also offer an attractive suite of benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401k retirement plan.
Our reputation for delivering premium technological support means that we are growing all the time. We have an open loft-style work environment in downtown Chicago, steps from the red/brown line and a fun work atmosphere with outings, foosball, stocked fridge and other activities. While we have a fun work environment and a passion for what we do, we also have a flawless record of timely delivery for our clients and expect each team member to embrace our high-performance standards.