Contract term: 2+ years
The Java Technical Architect is responsible for managing the execution of technical projects, communicating information to offshore development teams, providing technical guidance to the business, understanding and documenting existing systems, and removing technical impediments for developers. In order to excel, this person will possess the ability to communicate clearly with people of varying technical ability.
Candidates must be self-starters who enjoy performing a wide range of technical tasks while working in a fast-paced environment. The Java Technical Architect will drive solution design for complex business problems in compliance with design standards and best practices. Your days will normally consist of the following activities;
- Provide technical architecture analysis, design, development, and enhancement.
- Provide process, data and object modeling in a variety of application and database environments.
- Provide database design, development, and enhancement, as well as management and coordination of changes to existing applications.
- Maintain senior level expertise and currency in industry leading technologies.
- Provide senior level programming as required.
To excel in these daily activities, a Java Technical Architect - machine learning at Productive Edge would make use of the following experience and skills:
- 7+ years hands-on design and development experience with the Java platform
- 9+ years hands-on experience with object-oriented design and development, including strong working knowledge and experience with various architectural and design patterns
- Deep and broad technical knowledge – including recent hands-on programming skills – in the Java platform (JDK 8.0 or higher)
- Significant experience with multiple core technologies in the J2EE platform (v5 of higher, e.g. Spring Framework, Hibernate, etc.)
- Strong understanding of web-flows and integrating back-end with front-end components for high load websites
- Strong understanding of Linux infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with Oracle, MySQL or other equivalent RDBMS
- Good understanding of DevOps pipelines: Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, bash scripting
- Experience developing enterprise-class systems
- Successful completion of multiple projects working in an Agile team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customer business and technology stakeholders
- Experience with designing and implementation of large software systems, and working with distributed teams to deliver them in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Experience working effectively with offshore developers
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Experienced in problem-solving, and able to follow a methodical implementation process
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing prioritie
- Willingness and ability to achieve relevant Java certifications (e.g. – OCPJP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience