PRODUCTBOARD is seeking a customer-focused, highly energetic, and experienced individual to join our team as a Scale Customer Success Manager (CSM) responsible for managing and expanding a portfolio of our SMB and Midmarket customers. This role will have accountability for communicating regularly with customer executives to enhance satisfaction, defining and executing growth and retention strategies, conducting periodic performance and business reviews, setting and managing customer expectations. S/he will be able to think strategically and execute tactically. The ideal candidate will be customer-focused, detail oriented, articulate and credible with the ability to instil confidence in customers’ most senior leaders.
As part of the Customer Experience integrated team, the Scale Customer Success Manager requires proven matrix-management skills and facilitation with other internal cross-functional groups. This individual will work closely with Sales teams to make a direct impact on achieving productboard's financial targets. To that end, the Scale Customer Success Manager must approach the customer experience as an ever-improving initiative. The ideal candidate will deliver new process efficiencies, services and increased revenue opportunities, and identify key drivers for driving customer loyalty and retention.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- You will coach, onboard, launch and manage a book of business and monitor the customer health of those accounts.
- You will find opportunities to implement 1:many programs that can efficiently and effectively drive customer outcomes at scale
- You will test playbooks and program ideas and track results based on defined customer goals
- Develop an extensive working knowledge of productboard products, services, and best practices. Be the trusted partner for customers at scale on use-case and product functionality
- Identify opportunities to expand productboard's product and services footprint for the customer; collaborate with Sales to drive expanding revenue within customer base
- Successfully identify barriers to renewal and, at times, negotiate pricing details
- Advocate for the customer; Provide updates to internal cross-functional partners (Product Management, Product Development, Sales) on customer perspectives, risks, strategic insights, issue resolution activities, executive briefings, and requests
- Possess a strong understanding of productboard's product roadmap as well as industry trends and best practices; be able to articulate how both align with the customers’ strategies and desired business outcomes
- Identify key changes in customers’ business which impacts the delivery of productboard's products and services
- Ensure customers are maximizing productboard's technology solutions and service offerings to maximize their own effectiveness and productivity; Help customers understand gaps and the benefit of engaging fee-based resources to help further their businesses
- At least 2 years in a customer relationship role; including managing a book of business made up of SMB and Midmarket customers
- Experience working with SaaS / product management teams strongly preferred
- Demonstrated skills in managing customer relationships for a managed services and / or SaaS organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to conduct presentations in a large group
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Organized with exceptional follow through
- Experience with salesforce.com and/or customer management analytics software preferred
- 4 year degree preferred
What we offer
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- 401k plan
- Generous vacation time
- Professional development & career coaching
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
- Employee referral bonuses
And most importantly, we'll create an environment where you will love to work 🚀.