Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Nogalus, TX
Reports to: VP of Sales
Produce Pay is revolutionizing the fresh produce supply chain by providing immediate liquidity to farmers who grow fresh fruits and vegetables. Produce Pay is disrupting an industry by providing a technology-driven solution to a critical on-farm need. Watch a video overview here
Produce Pay is hiring a McAllen-area Business Development Manager. We are seeking candidates with commercial banking background, who have focused specifically on servicing the fresh produce industry. This is a remote role and the self-starter candidate needs to be driven and comfortable performing his/her duties removed from the rest of the team (while working with them heavily on a daily basis).
- Drive new pipeline and sales through business development efforts!
- Develop and nurture referral partners and other channel partners (COI’s).
- Curate, host, and prepare industry specific-talks, roundtables, happy hours, dinners and events.
- Build long-term relationships with prospects and clients through a consultative, expertise-driven sales process (e.g. engaging SMEs as needed, strategically leveraging white papers).
- Perform pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests.
- Gather and analyze all information necessary to present financing requests to Senior Management and Credit Committee for approval.
- Manage three-counterparty transactions (with many moving pieces) to completion by guiding clients through the contracting, due diligence, and transacting phases to a close.
- Travel as needed to meet partners, growers, and distributors face-to-face.
- Help prepare presentations for partners, growers, and distributors.
- Lead and participate in marketing, strategy, and business process improvement initiatives.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Business fluency in both English and Spanish is required.
- 3+ years commercial banking experience in the McAllen area. Ideal candidate has spent time servicing the fresh produce industry, both on the credit side and as a relationship manager.
- Proven network of TX-area importing fresh produce distributors and channel partners.
- Background in relationship-driven, consultative sales.
- Detail oriented and able to learn and sell complex financing product.
- Experience working in Salesforce CRM a plus.
- Willingness to work remotely (corporate HQ in Los Angeles).
- Free medical insurance.
- Dental, vision, and more.
- 401k - company automatically contributes 3%.
- $1,000 off a new home purchase when working with Open Listings.