Senior / Mid-level Full-stack Developer
ProducePay Job description
ProducePay has created the first ever online financing and insights platform for fresh perishable produce. The Los Angeles-based company has raised over $95MM+ to help the multi-billion dollar Agriculture Industry and work with hundreds of growers, distributors, and receivers across the world.
At the intersection of Tech, Finance and Ag, ProducePay’s product is as fascinating as it is challenging. We are committed to building a better supply chain for fresh produce, one that places trust at the center of every transaction. We think that food is the essence of life and that how we grow our food is linked to many of today’s challenges (health, climate, water and more).
How have we managed to shake up an industry that hasn’t changed for decades? We’ve built an incredible product team and process. Our team is customer obsessed, understands the value of focus, and knows that the product is always evolving. As a result, demand for our services is at an all time high and we’re looking for inspiring people to join our crew!
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a dynamic software engineer who is passionate about building awesome products and has a reputation for being a star performer and a team player.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Collaborate on technical design and architecture for our finance platform. We’re rebuilding our platform with a focus on growth, flexibility, and data integrity.
- Ship new features and products with a focus on building what our customers need. We have a “fail-fast” philosophy and believe that moving fast is the way to maximize our ability to learn and iterate on features that solve the biggest pains for our users.
- Establish and reinforce engineering best practices and be an advocate for clean, maintainable code.
- Spread your awesome knowledge and experience you’ve gained in your career to the entire engineering team. Our team is ambitious and hungry to continuously learn how to build the best products and tech.
- Continue to grow your skill set and knowledge. We are committed to investing in ourselves and our team.
- Collaborate with the product team and designers to define new features and products that bring deliver business value.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Hands-on coding experience building full-stack web apps and/or APIs.
- Our current apps use PostgreSQL, Rails, ReactJS, GraphQL, and implement REST patterns. Some recent initiatives use Elixir and implement Event Sourcing & CQRS patterns.The more experience with these technologies, the better.
- Experience using continuous integration and monitoring/alerting tools while shipping production-quality software.
- Experience working with agile software development processes.
- Experience using a functional language (Elixir, Erlang, Scala, Haskell, etc) and using functional design patterns is a plus.
Who you are
- You thrive in a fast paced environment. You enjoy solving large and often times, ambiguous problems.
- You take ownership of problems and drive to accomplish what is necessary to solve them. You don’t believe in silos or flinging tasks over a fence.
- You love to work on things that are bigger in scope and impact than what you could accomplish by yourself through collaboration with other developers.
- You want to work with other team members that share the same passion and drive for awesome tech and products as you and have a great time doing so.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge with other developers via mentoring, code reviews, pairing, etc.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k - company automatically contributes 3%
- Parking and Phone plans.
- Friday Team Lunches.
- Regular team outings (go-karting, paintball etc.) - just ask for our team photos to check how much fun we had ;)
- Unlimited time off.
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members.
- $1,000 off a new home purchase when working with Open Listings
Please send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you.