We are helping farmers feed the world! Produce Pay is revolutionizing financing solutions by providing farmers, who grow fresh fruits and vegetables, with immediate access to liquidity for enhanced cash flow. Produce Pay is disrupting an industry by providing an innovative solution to a prominent need. Watch a video overview here
! POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Dev Team Lead / Architect will lead a team of engineers maintaining and extending our Finance Platform, a mostly-internal application used to manage financial advances and factoring of produce shipments. This architect will take ownership of and set technical direction for our core money-making product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Direct a team of 4-5 engineers on our Finance Platform product. This team will likely grow in the future.
- Set technical direction, coding standards, and architectural decisions for our Finance Platform.
- Oversee code quality and management of technical debt.
- Clean up existing technical debt while maintaining forward progress on features.
- Mentor associate and mid-level engineers.
- Work with other software architects and developers to plan and build the Produce Pay tech ecosystem, integrate the Finance Platform with our other applications and services.
- Experience shipping production-quality software for 8+ years
- High proficiency with Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL
- Proficient in the full web application stack: SQL, HTML5/JS, CSS
- Strong understanding of design patterns including object-oriented and functional.
- Experience working with agile software development processes
- Working understanding of computer science concepts such as algorithm complexity and data structures. Ideally you have a degree in computer science or a related field.
- Preferred: Prior experience with financial software, particularly lending or factoring
- Preferred: Experience managing individual developers, conducting one-on-one meetings, performance reviews, and providing career development guidance
- Competitive salary and stock option plan.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement plan with 3% contribution from employer.
- Fun perks includes unlimited snacks, and drinks, Friday Team Lunches at top downtown restaurants, Team Outings (Bowling, PaintBall etc.) and more.
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members.
- Office located in the Financial District in DTLA.
At ProducePay we believe happy farmers yield healthy produce, and healthy produce helps build a better world. We don’t want to merely meet growers’ expectations; we want to exceed them.
Our product is at the intersection between tech, finance, and agriculture. Based in Downtown Los Angeles, we’ve raised over $85MM to create the agricultural trade’s first ever online trading platform for perishable food and have built a financial solution for hundreds of growers, distributors, and receivers across the world.
Produce Pay is changing the produce industry, an industry as old as human civilization, for good. We’ve built a team of insanely talented, ambitious problem-solvers to do so and we’re just getting started. Come be part of our amazing journey!