We are helping farmers feed the world! Produce Pay is revolutionizing financing solutions by providing farmers, who grow fresh fruits and vegetables, with immediate access to liquidity for enhanced cash flow. Produce Pay is disrupting an industry by providing an innovative solution to a prominent need. Watch a video overview here
! WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Drive technical direction, design, and architecture for our financial and trading platforms. We’ve only scratched the surface on what our growers and distributors need and you’ll be responsible for making sure we’re building maintainable and scalable tech.
- Ship new features and products with a focus on building what our customers need. We have a “fail-fast” philosophy and believe that moving fast is the way to maximize our ability to learn and iterate on features that solve the biggest pains for our users.
- Spread your awesome knowledge and experience you’ve gained in your career to the entire engineering team. Our team is ambitious and hungry to continuously learn how to build the best products and tech.
- Be an advocate for clean, maintainable code. Automation and feedback is our key to shipping quality code and you’ll be relied on for enhancing our deployment process, automated tests, and pipeline as we scale our tech and team.
- Continue to grow your skill set and knowledge. We are committed to investing in ourselves and our team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Thrive in a fast paced environment. You enjoy solving large and often times, ambiguous problems.
- You are obsessed with the user experience and have a passion for building products that delight users.
- You take ownership of problems and drive to accomplish what is necessary to solve them. You don’t believe in silos or flinging tasks over a fence.
- You love to work on things that are bigger in scope and impact than what you could accomplish by yourself through collaboration.
- You want to work with other team members that share the same passion and drive for awesome tech and products as you and have a great time doing so.
- Working understanding of computer science concepts such as algorithm complexity and data structures. Ideally you have a degree in computer science or a related field.
- Experience shipping production-quality software for 5+ years.
- Proficient in the full web application stack: SQL, HTML5/JS, CSS,
- Experience building a service-oriented architecture. Familiarity with containers (Docker) is a huge plus.
- Strong understanding of design patterns including object-oriented and functional.
- Experience working with agile software development processes.
- Ideal skills in addition to those listed above: Python, C#, Bootstrap, GitHub, jQuery, node.js
- Competitive salary and stock option plan: $115K – $145K with 0.0% – 0.25%
- Medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement plan with 3% contribution from employer.
- Fun perks includes unlimited snacks, and drinks, daily free dinners, Friday Team Lunches, Team Outings (Bowling, PaintBall etc.) and more.
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members.
- Office located in the Financial District in DTLA.
At ProducePay we believe happy farmers yield healthy produce, and healthy produce helps build a better world. We don’t want to merely meet growers’ expectations; we want to exceed them.
Our product is at the intersection between tech, finance, and agriculture. Based in Downtown Los Angeles, we’ve raised over $85MM to create the agricultural trade’s first ever online trading platform for perishable food and have built a financial solution for hundreds of growers, distributors, and receivers across the world.
Produce Pay is changing the produce industry, an industry as old as human civilization, for good. We’ve built a team of insanely talented, ambitious problem-solvers to do so and we’re just getting started. Come be part of our amazing journey!