ProducePay has created the first ever online financing and insights platform for fresh perishable produce. The Los Angeles-based company has raised over $95MM+ to help the multi-billion dollar Agriculture Industry and work with hundreds of growers, distributors, and receivers across the world.
At the intersection of Tech, Finance and Ag, ProducePay’s product is as fascinating as it is challenging. We are committed to building a better supply chain for fresh produce, one that places trust at the center of every transaction. We think that food is the essence of life and that how we grow our food is linked to many of today’s challenges (health, climate, water and more).
How have we managed to shake up an industry that hasn’t changed for decades? We’ve built an incredible product team and process. Our team is customer obsessed, understands the value of focus, and knows that the product is always evolving. As a result, demand for our services is at an all time high and we’re looking for inspiring people to join our crew!
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a dynamic product designer who loves making complicated data and workflows simple. You'll be taking our data and finance products to create intuitive and elegant experiences around them. Designers at ProducePay are key collaborators - you'll work with multiple internal teams, including product management, engineering, sales and marketing, and you'll interface closely with ProducePay customers to solicit feedback and test your designs.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Must have a strong design foundation and be able to execute any phase of the design process (ex. research, analysis, UX, UI, concept testing, launch and iterate).
- Have the ability to think holistically about complex systems and empathize with customers, to create compelling and effective user experiences.
- Design visual interfaces, wireframes, user flows, and seamless interactions.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts with stakeholders.
- A strong desire to innovate and create work that pushes the boundaries of data visualization and product design.
- Work with Product and Research teams to identify the types of data, charts, maps, filters and information to be conveyed in your designs.
- Experience creating large - complex data visualizations that adhere to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Participate in key design meetings - including weekly status updates, brainstorm sessions and quarterly planning.
- Understand how to work iteratively and cross functionally towards your vision and be able to deliver high-quality design solutions.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a polished design portfolio
- 4+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Must be proactive, ambitious and able to utilize time allotted efficiently.
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team.
- Experience working with an Agile development team.
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.
Who you are
- You thrive in a fast paced environment. You enjoy solving large and often times, ambiguous problems.
- You take ownership of problems and drive to accomplish what is necessary to solve them. You don’t believe in silos or flinging tasks over a fence.
- You love to work on things that are bigger in scope and impact than what you could accomplish by yourself through collaboration with your product team.
- You want to work with other team members that share the same passion and drive for awesome tech and products as you and have a great time doing so.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k - company automatically contributes 3%
- Parking and Phone plans.
- Friday Team Lunches.
- Regular team outings (go-karting, paintball etc.) - just ask for our team photos to check how much fun we had ;)
- Unlimited time off.
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members.
- $1,000 off a new home purchase when working with Open Listings