Location: Los Angeles, CA (Downtown)
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Produce Pay is revolutionizing the fresh produce supply chain by providing immediate liquidity to farmers who grow fresh fruits and vegetables. Produce Pay is disrupting an industry by providing a technology-driven solution to a critical on-farm need. We are a Los Angeles-based startup that has raised over $95MM to transform the multi-billion dollar fresh produce industry.
We are looking for a dynamic Head of Marketing to build up Produce Pay’s marketing capabilities from the ground up. Success in this role means a dramatic increase in Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) to our enterprise sales team. How you get there is up to you.
The ability to work independently is key to this cross-functional role. You’ll lead marketing efforts across our sales, product, business development, and executive teams to engage our key audiences across the fresh produce supply chain. You should have a reputation for being a star performer who’s held end-to-end ownership over a marketing funnel for a B2B product. You will conceive, manage, analyze, and optimize content and campaigns to drive MQL. If you enjoy experimentation and have a "growth hacker" mindset, then come join our crew.
- Drive customer acquisition through a diverse range of acquisition channels
- Generate data-driven hypotheses and execute experiments across the AARRR funnel (acquisition, activation, retention, revenue, referral) to identify insights and key opportunities for improvement
- Ramp up a content marketing strategy: research, write, and develop stories on a wide range of topics pertinent to fresh produce
- Set up web analytics and business intelligence tools to better understand our customers and exploit those insights in marketing campaigns
- Manage performance metrics and budgets to intelligently scale acquisition efforts.
- Collaborate with internal teams / vendors to evaluate and optimize our growth strategy and performance
- Distill Produce Pay value proposition into clear, compelling copy across our range of financial and analytic product offerings
- Maintaining content calendars, planning for future stories, and driving timely production schedules
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Proven experience in growth or acquisition marketing, with a track record of planning and executing customer acquisition strategies across the entire marketing mix of owned, earned, and paid channels.
- Well-versed in all digital marketing tactics, including SEO, SEM, email marketing, content marketing, display, etc. for a B2B product
- Experience acquiring consumers in highly targeted segments and specialized industry verticals
- Fluent in using data analytics and statistics to draw conclusions and justify decisions
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to collaborate and build consensus across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Digitally savvy, including content management systems (CMS) and various site platforms
- Outstanding collaborative, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with drive to succeed in a quickly changing business environment
- Strong time and project management skills with proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience at a startup preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Free medical insurance
- Dental, vision, and more
- 401k - company automatically contributes 3%
- Team building activities (paintball, bowling, go-karting, escape rooms, and more!)
- Friday lunches
- Office snacks
- Arcade games in the office
- $1,000 off a new home purchase when working with Open Listings
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members