Position: Content Marketing Manager and Writer
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Downtown)
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Produce Pay is revolutionizing the fresh produce supply chain by providing immediate liquidity to farmers who grow fresh fruits and vegetables. Produce Pay is disrupting an industry by providing a technology-driven solution to a critical on-farm need.
We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager and Writer with experience in developing bilingual (English and Spanish) written and multimedia content. You’ll work closely with our sales, sales operations, and partnerships teams to communicate Produce Pay’s unique mission and value across the fresh produce supply chain, and deliver other valuable content to our customers.
You must have a strong writing and editing background. You’ll research topics and develop white papers, blog posts, webinars, videos, and other original content. You’ll manage the day-to-day editorial and copy standards for written content, so you should be a sharp editor, a creative and tech-savvy writer, and relentless creator who can manage to deadlines and a content calendar. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who is excited about fintech, farming, and fresh produce.
● First and foremost, write content in both English and Spanish that delivers value to distinct audiences: growers, packer-shippers, distributors, channel partners, and other key players in the produce value chain
● Build content marketing strategy for Produce Pay from the ground up, working closely with the Chief Commercial Officer
● Research, write, and develop stories on a wide range of topics pertinent to fresh produce: regulatory, financial, trade flows, agronomic conditions, technology, etc.
● Write in a straightforward, easily understandable manner on complex and technical topics
● Distill Produce Pay value proposition into clear, compelling copy across our range of financial and analytic product offerings
● Talking to and interviewing growers and other subject matter experts
● Editing all types of written content and providing editorial guidance and feedback to subject matter experts and contributors
● Maintaining consistent editorial style and tone across multiple channels
● Maintaining content calendars, planning for future stories, and driving timely production schedules
● Supporting the distribution and shareability of written content via multiple platforms and channels
● Scheduling and publishing content, including supporting story imagery or multimedia
● Define and execute an events and trade show strategy
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
● 2+ year background in a content marketing or writing role
● Proven experience writing various forms, formats, types, and lengths of copy, stories, articles, etc.
● Industry background in fresh produce or financial services strongly preferred
● Background and experience with AP Style a plus
● Digitally savvy, including content management systems (CMS) and various site platforms
● Outstanding collaborative, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
● Self-starter with drive to succeed in a quickly changing business environment
● Strong time and project management skills with proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
● Experience at a startup preferred
● Bachelor’s degree in journalism/ag journalism, communications or English
● Free medical insurance
● Dental, vision, and more
● 401k - company automatically contributes 3%
● Team building activities (paintball, bowling, and more)
● Friday lunches
● Office snacks
● Arcade games in the office
● $1,000 off a new home purchase when working with Open Listings