ProducePay has created the first ever online financing and insights platform for fresh perishable produce. The Los Angeles-based company has raised over $95MM+ to help the multi-billion dollar Agriculture Industry and work with hundreds of growers, distributors, and receivers across the world.
At the intersection of Tech, Finance and Ag, ProducePay’s product is as fascinating as it is challenging. We are committed to building a better supply chain for fresh produce, one that places trust at the center of every transaction. We think that food is the essence of life and that how we grow our food is linked to many of today’s challenges (health, climate, water and more). Watch a video overview here.
How have we managed to shake up an industry that hasn’t changed for decades? We’ve built an incredible product team and process. Our team is customer obsessed, understands the value of focus, and knows that the product is always evolving. As a result, demand for our services is at an all time high and we’re looking for inspiring people to join our crew!
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a dynamic senior backend engineer who is passionate about building awesome products and has a reputation for being a star performer. We are proud to be a diverse workplace and will give consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Responsibilities & Duties
● Work with the product, design, sales, and marketing teams to build new software products that meet our customers’ needs.
● Take ownership of technical direction, design, and architecture for new features within our insights platform. We’ve only scratched the surface of what our growers and distributors need.
● Scale out the backend of our application. This may include integrating directly with 3rd party systems, processing and transforming large amounts of data, or creating performant queries to support our frontend views.
● Ship new features and products with a focus on building what our customers need. We have a “fail-fast” philosophy and believe that moving fast is the way to maximize our ability to learn and iterate on features that solve the biggest pains for our users. At the same time, know how to balance fast development with clean code.
● Mentor and guide other engineers using your awesome knowledge and experience. Whether through code reviews or pair programming, we want to learn from you.
● Continue to grow your skill set and knowledge. We are committed to investing in ourselves and our team.
● Extensive experience with building backend systems. You’ve seen some stuff, and whether it’s good, bad, or ugly it continues to inform the decisions you make on the software you build.
● Our stack includes Rails, GraphQL, Kiba, and Postgres. We’re looking for team members excited to work with these technologies.
● Experience shipping production-quality software for 5+ years.
● Experience working with agile software development processes.
● We’re looking for smart, motivated engineers who are excited to learn and grow with us.
Who you are
● Thrive in a fast paced environment. You enjoy solving large and often times, ambiguous problems.
● You are obsessed with the user experience and have a passion for building products that delight users.
● You take ownership of problems and drive to accomplish what is necessary to solve them. You don’t believe in silos or flinging tasks over a fence.
● You love to collaborate on problems that are bigger in scope and impact than what you could accomplish by yourself.
● You want to work with other team members that share the same passion and drive for awesome tech and products as you and have a great time doing so.
● Medical, dental and vision benefits.
● 401k - company automatically contributes 3%
● Parking and Phone plans.
● Friday Team Lunches.
● Regular team outings (go-karting, paintball etc.) - just ask for our team photos to check how much fun we had ;)
● Unlimited time off.
● Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members.
● $1,000 off a new home purchase when working with Open Listings
Application Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.