ProducePay has created the first ever online financing and insights platform for fresh perishable produce. The Los Angeles-based company has raised over $300MM+ to help the multi-billion dollar Agriculture Industry and work with hundreds of growers, distributors, and receivers across the world. Watch a video overview here.
Job Description Summary
We are building an elite team of Sales Development Representatives and seeking candidates with strong experience in hunting for new business. Many of the companies we work with are based in border cities with Mexico, so you will need to be able to speak English and Spanish on a regular basis.
As an SDR you will be an integral part of our sales team. You must have strong communication skills and effectively interact with potential customers. Excellent time management skills so that you can meet targets and respond to queries as efficiently as possible. Share, learn, collaborate with team members and manager to develop strategies, improve execution, and generate ideas that drive great team results and success.
Responsibilities & Duties
● Contacting potential clients through cold calls and emails
● Make 75+ calls a day
● Set up meetings or calls between prospective clients and Account Executives
● Report to the Sales Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
● Collaborate with the Sales Manager to overcome objections
● Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
● Use our CRM and other tools to accurately document tasks and prospect information
● Understanding of sales performance metrics
● Excellent communication and negotiation skills
● Ability to deliver engaging presentations
● Collaborate and strategize with AEs, Marketing and Product
● Experience with agriculture strongly preferred - grew up on a farm, studied agronomy in college, etc.
● 1-2 years of sales experience in an outbound calling role
● Advanced level of Spanish and English (spoken and written)
Characteristics for success
● Good communication: SDR needs to know how to communicate in order to transmit efficiently all ideas
● Being an extrovert: Knowing how to charm your clients is one of the most important characteristics, in the end, you become a representative of the brand
● Know the products and services of the company: to transmit confidently knowledge about Produce Pay’s offerings and how they fit in with farmers
● Having sales skills: more than communicating, is creating a need for the customer that Produce Pay can fill, and make the prospect understand all the benefits from working with us
● Persistent: knows that the first no is the first step to getting to a yes.
● Knowing how to relate: the SDR will need to relate to shippers and the unique challenges they are faced with
● Medical, dental and vision benefits.
● Friday Team Lunches.
● Regular team outings (go-karting, paintball etc.) - just ask for our team photos to check how much fun we had ;)
● Unlimited time off.
● Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members.
Application Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you.