Company: ProducePay, Inc.
Position: SENIOR DIRECTOR – Capital Markets, Investor Analytics and Strategy
Location: Downtown LA
Salary: $135K + 40k bonus with 0.125% of equity stock options
Reports to: President/CFO
You will be an integral part of our finance team working alongside not only the CFO, but the CEO, board and investors to build out data analytics, models, reports and presentations. . This position is ideal for someone who is ambitious, hardworking, enjoys problem-solving, and who isn’t afraid to roll up his/her sleeves and get into the details. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly analytical, data-centric team at a fast growing FinTech company. You will partner with internal business partners from Risk, Product and Data Services to help drive insight and develop tools that benefit ProducePay and it’s investor base.
Ideal candidate will have investment banking or management consulting looking to leave that firm to join ProducePay. This position was requested specifically by the board to push the company’s reliance on data for decision making to the next level!
Produce Pay is helping farmers feed the world by solving an industry-wide shortage in working capital. We are revolutionizing financing solutions by providing farmers, who grow fresh fruits and vegetables, with immediate access to liquidity for enhanced cash flow. This innovative financing solution securitizes a new asset class (perishable farm products) providing superior risk adjusted returns to investors. $55 billion of produce is purchased in the US alone every year. This is a massive market with no competition for this type of funding.
We straddle the line between FinTech startup and Hedge Fund. With $100M raised we are backed by venture capital firms Anterra Capital (Largest Agtech VC fund in the world), Rabo Bank (largest Food & Agricultural bank in the world), Coventure, Arena Ventures, Social Leverage, Menlo Ventures, and Moon Shots Capital and raised the single largest check on Angel List from an angel investor. We are located in the financial district in downtown Los Angeles. The company is currently focused on our financing product but also working on developing other innovative technology and enterprise solutions to create a first of its kind digital marketplace for produce.
Candidate will split their time as per the below
- Board and C suite support and analytics – 33%
- Other Investor relations – 20%
- Capital markets support to CFO/CEO (fundraising both equity and debt (this will involve structuring for debt) – 33%
- Strategic initiatives – 14%
● Develop analytical frameworks and predictive models to optimize company profit and product performance
● Develop and standardize metrics and dashboards that would result in consistent measurements across sales and marketing for the benefit of management, board, and lenders.
● Help with models and marketing materials for fundraising
● Communicate findings and recommendations for actionable changes
● Assist with ad-hoc analytics and comprehensive reporting
● He/she will often operate independently and with minimal supervision, and thus must possess strong personal drive, self-direction, and judgment. This role also requires an extremely high level of integrity, professionalism and discretion given the level of access to company information.
● Board & Management Support
● Manage the agenda for ProducePay’s monthly management meeting. Ensure that proper coordination and communication between teams is as efficient as possible. Follow up with leaders to ensure they are driving relevant initiatives forward.
● Help the CEO and other key decision-makers develop short-term and long-term strategy goals and support execution; track progress to measure effectiveness of strategy
● Develop Board of Directors agenda, prepare effective materials, and facilitate contributions across several teams across the organization.
● Develop ProducePay’s monthly Town Hall meetings by working with various other internal teams to ensure effective and engaging meetings across all offices.
● Strategic Initiatives
● Contribute to strategic projects (i.e. new product, new market, etc.) via analytics, research, and consumer insights, cross-company collaboration, etc. This requires a deep aptitude for numbers and the ability to distill complex business and product strategies.
● Perform strategic and financial analysis for the CEO and the executive team for special internal projects.
● Develop strategic frameworks as well as translate key themes and tactics into understandable, executable components and messages for broad consumption.
● Investor Analytics
● Develop investor analytics capabilities including internal and client-facing tools and reporting
● Monitor trends and upcoming pricing and credit policy changes in all loan products
● Develop metrics, and support investor communication for credit related topics
● Analyze investor strategies and performance
● Perform ad-hoc analysis related to investor portfolios
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
● Investment banking or Management consulting experience (Must Have)
● Extreme Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
● Experience with Tableau, Python, R is a plus
o Willing to get their hands dirty and model
● Lending Experience would be a plus
● Goal-driven, focused, independent worker, and “can-do” attitude
● Stock options
● Free medical insurance
● Dental, vision, and more
● Monthly $50 cell phone stipend
● Monthly $120 commuting stipend
● 401k - company automatically contributes 3%
● Team building activities (paintball, bowling, and more)
● Friday lunches
● Office snacks
● Arcade games in the office