ProducePay has created the first ever online financing and insights platform for fresh perishable produce. The Los Angeles-based company has raised over $95MM+ to help the multi-billion dollar Agriculture Industry and work with hundreds of growers, distributors, and receivers across the world.
At the intersection of Tech, Finance and Ag, ProducePay’s product is as fascinating as it is challenging. We are committed to building a better supply chain for fresh produce, one that places trust at the center of every transaction. We think that food is the essence of life and that how we grow our food is linked to many of today’s challenges (health, climate, water and more). Watch a video overview here.
How have we managed to shake up an industry that hasn’t changed for decades? We’ve built an incredible product team and process. Our team is customer obsessed, understands the value of focus, and knows that the product is always evolving. As a result, demand for our services is at an all time high and we’re looking for inspiring people to join our crew!
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a dynamic software engineer who is passionate about building awesome products and has a reputation for being a star performer. We are proud to be a diverse workplace and will give consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Responsibilities & Duties
● Collaborate on technical design and architecture for our finance platform. We’re rebuilding our platform with a focus on growth, flexibility, and data integrity. Work with the product and design teams to define new features and products that deliver business value.
● Establish and reinforce engineering best practices on the team. Our team is small but growing fast, and we plan to stay agile and disciplined. Be an advocate for clean code that is maintainable and testable. Help define and improve out planning and quality control processes.
● Contribute to the growth of the other engineers by sharing your knowledge and experience. We’re a team of individuals who strive for continuous growth and personal development. Participate in code reviews, mentoring, pairing, giving short tech talks, etc.
● Continue to grow your skill set and knowledge. We are committed to investing in ourselves and our team.
● B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
● Extensive experience building full-stack web apps and APIs. Our current apps are built with Elixir/Phoenix, React, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, PostgreSQL. We apply Event Sourcing / CQRS and RESTful patterns to our APIs. The more experience with these technologies, the better.
● Experience using continuous integration and monitoring/alerting tools while shipping production-quality software. Current infrastructure includes Heroku and AWS.
● Experience working with agile software development processes.
● Experience using a functional language (Elixir, Erlang, Scala, Haskell, etc) and using functional design patterns is a plus.
Who you are
● You are highly disciplined in terms of writing code that is well-tested and understandable.
● You are quickly able to see the pros/cons of various technical designs and approaches, and are pragmatic when making engineering decisions. In addition, you are good at communicating the details of these decisions to all stakeholders.
● You thrive in a fast paced environment. You are capable of, and even enjoy, taking on large / difficult challenges. You maintain a positive attitude during challenging periods. You don’t give up. Your tenacity and disposition are contagious.
● You take ownership of problems and drive to accomplish what is necessary to solve them. You don’t believe in silos or flinging tasks over a fence.
● You love to work on things that are bigger in scope and impact than what you could accomplish by yourself through collaboration with other developers.
● You want to work with other team members that share the same passion and drive for awesome tech and products as you and have a great time doing so.
● You are respectful to your coworkers, and are more than willing to both give and take feedback, advice, and constructive criticism.
● Medical, dental and vision benefits.
● 401k - company automatically contributes 3%
● Parking and Phone plans.
● Friday Team Lunches.
● Regular team outings (go-karting, paintball etc.) - just ask for our team photos to check how much fun we had ;)
● Unlimited time off.
● Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members.
● $1,000 off a new home purchase when working with Open Listings
Application Please send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you.