We are helping farmers feed the world! Produce Pay is revolutionizing financing solutions by providing farmers, who grow fresh fruits and vegetables, with immediate access to liquidity for enhanced cash flow. Produce Pay is disrupting an industry by providing an innovative solution to a prominent need. Watch a video overview here
! POSITION OVERVIEW:
As Data Scientist, you will be responsible for developing both analytic and predictive models pricing and shipment volume of fresh produce, as well as helping with data-driven business intelligence about the health of Produce Pay’s business endeavors. We are building the first reliable commercial resource for real-time and predictive intelligence on pricing and shipment volume in the produce market, using data from many sources including the USDA, weather, price sheets from many growers/sellers in different formats, and transactions made on our own financing platform and trading/marketplace platform. You will coordinate with developers and data engineers to use this data for useful business predictions, and develop reports and visualizations of Produce Pay’s business health, and help suggest data-motivated directions for our new products and business priorities.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Mine and analyze data from many sources relevant to the fresh produce market
- Build statistical and/or machine learning models for produce price prediction
- Work with a team of software engineers and data engineers to develop consumer facing tools with produce price intelligence
- Identify sources of data we can use to drive the direction of Produce Pay’s business
- Build dashboards for reporting KPI and other metrics on the health of Produce Pay’s business
- High proficiency in both relational / SQL and noSQL databases
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Solid knowledge of statistics and regression techniques
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, ideally including Python, R, Ruby, Java, and/or Elixir
- Preferred: Experience with machine learning and AI techniques, particularly including NLP, computer vision
- Preferred: Experience forecasting quantitative time series
- Competitive salary and stock option plan.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement plan with 3% contribution from employer.
- Fun perks includes unlimited snacks, and drinks, Friday Team Lunches at top downtown restaurants, Team Outings (Bowling, PaintBall etc.) and more.
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members.
- Office located in the Financial District in DTLA.