Hub (joinhub.com) is searching for a UX Designer who will provide the compelling, intuitive, easy experience that improve the lives of millions of working professionals who want to get ahead together in like-minded communities.
As a lead user experience designer, you will be responsible for innovating and designing exceptional user experiences while working collaboratively with product managers, product marketing, and engineering. You will lead design and work with other designers if necessary to execute the highest quality UX design and process as part of the product team. We believe in quality personas so you should be able to provide input on personas to complete the full user experience process.
You should have an entrepreneurial spirit and also be an innovator to push great UX forward across the team. You don’t mind testing the product prototype or designs, or the finished feature, to a small group of customers to ensure that your ideas are validated by our target market.
In addition to excellent interaction and visual design skills, you should have experience partnering with product managers and business leaders to influence consumer design projects that put the user first. Your portfolio should reflect this experience. You should have knowledge of a variety of UX process techniques and be willing to experiment with others. You should have a joyful, articulate passion for UX, and have experience collaborating with other designers and team members.
- Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, usage scenarios, task analysis, specifications, and other UX design deliverables for some of Hub’s highest priority initiatives.
- Create user experiences that go beyond usability to meet the ever-increasing expectations of our consumers.
- Be a leader and an innovator on the Hub Design Team.
- Participate in the product definition process with the Product Manager, Engineering Manager, and User Research. Drive clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
- Provide User Research to craft user testing prototypes and protocols in support of ongoing user testing.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Have good understanding of current design patterns and guidelines for both mobile and web and be able to create a coherent cross device experience.
- Own the Hub style guide and brand guidelines with VP of Marketing.
- Ensure that visual design mockups are consistent with Hub style and brand guidelines.
- Attention to detail, project communication, negotiating and meeting deliverable dates are key skills for our startup.
- Create metrics that show user success.
- Experience translating business requirement documents into designs and mock-ups
- Complete UX skill set: workshop facilitation, identifying customer problem statements, problem discovery, solution generation, concept creation, wireframing, testing, synthesis, iteration, prototyping, heuristic evaluation, competitive analysis, customer journey mapping, applying design systems and producing deliverables for development.
- 7+ years as a User Experience Designer, creating excellent experiences that delight the customer.
- Experience driving design standards in startup organizations.
- Ability to evaluate our current experience and improve our value to consumers by creating end-to-end customer journey maps.
- High degree of creativity and ‘let’s do this’ problem solving.
- Ability to think and design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience.
- Excellent understanding of fundamental design principles and human interaction principles.
- Experience with gamification of content (i.e. experience designing leaderboards, badges, achievements and progress, etc.).
- Excellent conceptual, visual and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Relentless attention to detail and consistent deliver.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence the larger team.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Sketch, Abstract, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) or similar tools to create user interfaces.
- Willing and able to meet with the team in Mountain View, California.
- Experience designing consumer-facing products with market traction.
- Experience with responsive designs for desktop-to-mobile products.
- Demonstrate a portfolio that includes the above requirements.
- Have worked in a growing startup as the lead UX/designer.
Learn more about our MVP of Hub by signing on to joinhub.com (may we suggest you join the Creative hub?). We will ask what your initial thoughts are and approach to organizing UX for the next stage.
Hub is a gamified marketplace for professional achievement, which rewards users and opens opportunities for networking with like-minded people. Hub encourages both on and offline interaction to build trusted relationships and networks using blockchain data and social reputation currency.