Primary Location: New York, NY
Prescriptive Data is focused on providing cost savings and enhanced thermal comfort in built spaces through the intersection of Operational Technology (OT) with Information Technology (IT). With its flagship product NANTUM®, Prescriptive Data has responded to market demand for a next-generation building management platform that cultivates the full potential of the building operator by combining institutional knowledge with data-driven insights from IoT, big data, and the latest advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence. Prescriptive Data designs its solutions by collaborating with building operators and engineers, and maintains a living lab of over 10 million square feet of New York real estate in which it vets new concepts, technologies, sensors and applications.
The Product Manager is expected to perform all product management duties including product portfolio management, ideation with stakeholders and teams, users, markets and analytic inputs, requirements gathering, agile product ownership, documentation and prototype preparation and post-launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and teams include, UX/design, engineering, QA, advisory board, sales, operations and marketing. The successful candidate must have the experience, vision, creativity, and drive to get up to speed quickly and perform this role effectively. A balance of business understanding and technical acumen is required to translate the business needs into unique and engaging user product offerings.
The ideal candidate has professional experience in real estate and technology, and is excited by complex, open-ended, and real-world building challenges.
- Build and document business requirements that align with product vision
- Define roadmap for delivery and drive ongoing roadmap developments and define suggestions for growth
- Actively participate in reviewing and authoring business analysis and functional specifications including user stories and acceptance criteria
- Lead cross functional team including customer, partners, engineering, product, and operations, to deliver against required product growth milestones and deliverables
- Cultivate a collaborative, high-performance environment to grow the team’s development capabilities
- Resolve tactical issues to ensure effective and efficient project management and product development processes
- Maintain high-level of understanding of most frequent support issues and stay current on select product stability and critical issues
- Establish Key Performance Indicators to measure the impact of new features as well as opportunity for further improvements
- Handle special projects and initiatives as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong analytic skills and ability to consume complex information to make recommendations and tradeoffs optimized to meet business demands and customer needs
- A proven track record and a solid conceptual and expert understanding of product development and product management lifecycle
- A successful history of working across the product lifecycle, and leading cross-functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales, operations, and implementation
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with business analysts, UI/UX team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with proven ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, listening effectively and soliciting input from others
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, engineering, or related field; master’s is a plus, but not required
- A minimum of three years related work experience as a product owner, product manager, business analyst or position in a related field
- Experience supporting technology solutions in a SaaS environment
- Agile methodology: 1 year
- Product Management: 3 years
We take care of you!
- Great benefits, including medical and dental all starting on your first day
- 401K Plan
- A great place to work!!