This position is within our data analytics team for a professional Python developer. A successful candidate would collaborate closely with data scientists to help launch new data models, support and scale as necessary existing code in production. To match the company’s fast growth, we seek candidates who are self-starters ready to adopt new goals and learn new tools to write more optimal and efficient code.
- 5+ years of experience in software development in production environments
- 2+ years experience with Python in developing big data pipelines
- Knowledge and understanding of data structures, parallelism and mapreduce
- Experience designing for scalability and understanding tradeoffs specific to data science
- Understanding the full software development life cycle in an agile environment
- Experience with version control systems, git, and continuous integration.
- Familiarity with one or more (Spark, TensorFlow with or without Keras, ML libs)
- Experience with data warehouses: PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience using ML applications in the cloud
As a data engineer within the data science team we are looking for candidates who would:
- Become a key partner to data scientists on solving technical challenges
- Be responsible for architecting, planning, and delivery of software components
- Develop integration and unit testing elements
- Standardize and build tools for use across the data science team
- Build, automate and deploy specialized research environments
- Design and implement systems for large-scale data analysis and machine learning
- Optimize code and design architecture to streamline data science processes
- Partner with back-end engineering team on deployments of data science driven solutions
- Medical + Dental plans
- Commuter plans, unlimited vacation
- Competitive compensation
- Stocked beer + catered brunches