Senior MRI Technologist
Prenuvo - San Francisco
This is the opportunity you have been looking for to launch your career.
We have a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate. We have partnered with a leading clinic in San Francisco, and are looking for the right person to lead our team. You will be working closely with the Prenuvo Operations Manager to create and implement our vision of a warm, professional work environment.
You will know you are the applicant we are looking for if you:
- Are self-motivated, have a desire to challenge yourself and are willing to work outside of your comfort zone.
- Have an enthusiastic and energetic approach to work.
- Are professional, courteous and reliable.
Of course, as a MRI Technologist, you will also be responsible for:
- patient safety,
- the performance of high quality Prenuvo Scans,
- performing and remaining current on Prenuvo Scan protocols,
- ordering supplies, cleaning equipment, and scan room preparation.
- troubleshoot equipment issues and report them to the relevant department when necessary.
- Effective communication is part of the core values of Prenuvo. This includes:
- preparing the patient for the MRI exam,
- explaining the procedure and answering any questions,
- ensuring patient screening form is properly completed, and confirm the responses are correct,
- safely transfer the patient to MRI equipment,
- correct and safe positioning of the patient,
- communicating with the patient throughout the exam,
- completing the exam in the required timeframe.
- Utilize ancillary tools and equipment appropriately: PACS and other software systems.
- This role will be the perfect opportunity for you to showcase your ability in training new staff in the areas of patient safety, room preparation, effective communication, image acquisition, time management and post processing.
Licensed with the appropriate board. AMRIT or equivalent. Dual licensure for Canada would be advantageous.
- BLS - Basic Life Support.
- Completion of an accredited Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) program or radiologic technology program.
- Clinical work experience of at least 2 years. Siemens MRI experience preferred.
- Proficiency in running advanced MR studies independently.
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team and the drive to thrive in a high-pressure, fast paced environment.
- Understand, perform and accurately complete all examinations on MRI equipment, following clinic practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate patient care skills with an ability to explain complex medical terms and procedures in a manner that is easily understood by a non-medical audience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send applications to: