Named a Best Company to Work For in 2015, 2016, and 2017, we are an award-winning team that designs and builds custom products for growing businesses. At Praxent, you will enjoy the freedom to do the work you love while working with people who genuinely care about the quality and impact of their work. Praxent is family-friendly with virtually no travel and flexible scheduling.
And while our homebase is Austin, Texas, we know the best talent may want to join us remotely...
At a Glance
You are responsible for delivering high-quality code for diverse clients in a fast-paced, innovative, and highly collaborative environment. You will work closely with your fellow team members and mission leads to estimate effort and implement code that delivers rapid customer value with frequent, iterative releases. You provide regular input on ways to improve our agile delivery process, code quality, and practice of Angular. Because of you, we exceed the commitments we make to our clients.
What You’ll Do
- Write high quality, functioning, performant and enduring code.
- Work on agile-scrum project teams to deliver software features and enhancements.
- Work alongside developers, testers, designers and product managers develop, debug, and test software for completeness, accuracy and integrity.
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify and define elegant solutions to software and business problems.
- Collaborate within and between teams to identify, define and document non-functional requirements.
- Build your skill-set in a collaborative, team-focused environment.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent English skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering.
- 3+ years experience in building Angular applications.
- 3+ experience in at least one backend scripting language (i.e., Python, Node, PHP, Java, C#).
- Comfortable on Linux/Unix command line.
- Experience with web tooling and automation (e.g. Git, Gulp, NPM, Bower, etc.).
Nice to Have
- Experience in devOps/sysOps.
- Advanced understanding of object oriented and MVC principles.
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
- Experience working in software teams with Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of working in a project management tool (e.g. JIRA).
- Previous development firm/agency environment.
- You are an enthusiastic and hungry developer, capable of implementing changes at all layers of the software stack including database, services, and user interfaces. You care about implementing polished web experiences across multiple form factors.
- You have implemented whole features while working with an architect or senior developer.
- You have estimated work before, and can reasonably judge the complexity of a feature
- You have delivered work to production in an agile development team.
- You are energized by the fact that client needs might change and that the backlog will evolve.
- You’re comfortable suggesting alternative modes of implementation if you think it will provide a better customer and client experience.
- You thrive when you are providing development services within constraints.
- You continuously seek to improve the world around you.
- Service attitude – Always places clients first, showing genuine concern for their success and satisfaction.
- Follow-through on commitments – Lives up to verbal and written agreements
- Work ethic – Possesses a genuine interest in learning and a passion for success. Able to work hard and to get the job done.
- High standards – Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best. Always seeking continued improvement of self, team, company, and client.
- Communication – Commands excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proactivity – Acts without being told what to do. Expresses ideas to the team and clients. Drives for results and demonstrates intention-based decision making.
- Efficiency – Able to produce without waste, attention to detail results in producing the correct work the first time around.
- Fostering Teamwork – Willing and able to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Humble – Able to follow direction and learn from mistakes