Position Overview: From software hacking to hardware hacking, we help secure everything from cryptocurrency exchanges and space telescopes to autonomous vehicles and the electric grid. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best security engineers in the world who hail from organizations such as Amazon, CIA, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, NSA, Redhat, Sun Microsystems, and US Air Force. The goal of the internship is to expose you to the field of cybersecurity and Praetorian's DNA as a company. You will be assigned the same kind of work and be held to the same standard as our full-time team. As an Inc Best Places to Work, Inc. 500 | 5000, CyberSecurity 500, and Austin Fast 50 Award recipient, we are seeking an individual that understands the professional and personal growth attached to this opportunity and who has the corresponding internal drive to maximize it.
Aside from technical work, you will be making significant, measurable, and frequent contributions to Praetorian’s growth and development. Previous summer intern projects have landed in articles from Fortune, BusinessInsider, Yahoo! News, SC Magazine, The Register, Ars Technica, and DarkReading. The work you do here will be fun, challenging, and impactful.
- Join an industry with massive socio, economic, and political importance in the 21st century
- Live and breathe the mission of solving the cyber security challenge
- Partner with prominent clients and help them solve hard security problems
- Work alongside some of the best and the brightest minds in the security industry
- Leave an indelible mark on a company where individual input has real impact
- Be recognized, internally and publicly, for your contributions in a high profile position
- Align your career trajectory with a hyper growth company that is on the move
- Shadowing service engagements with a focus on penetration testing and ethical hacking
- Development contributions with a focus on development in go, python, and react.
- Security research with a focus on opensource contributions, white papers, and blog posts
Desired skills and expertise:
- Demonstrated passion for cyber security
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Ability to operate with limited supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Participation in CTFs, Hackathons, and open source projects
- >= 3.3 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale a plus
- Pursuing BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or physics
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. We will not provide sponsorship.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Praetorian. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We ask that you please include a few paragraphs about yourself and what you are passionate about in your application.