Position Overview: Praetorian is seeking a seasoned sales executive with a successful track record of expertise-based technical selling. As a Principal, you will be responsible for closing ideal customers. With a lifetime NPS of 86%, you will have a solid foundation of client success and client satisfaction to build on. The value that we consistently generate for our customers has earned a portfolio of clients that includes 21st Century Fox, GE, Google, HBO, Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, Salesforce, and The Wall Street Journal to name only a few.
From software hacking to hardware hacking, we help secure everything from cryptocurrency exchanges and space telescopes to autonomous vehicles and the electric grid. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best security engineers in the world who hail from organizations such as Amazon, CIA, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, NSA, Redhat, Sun Microsystems, and US Air Force. As an Inc. Best Places to Work, Inc. 500 | 5000, Cybersecurity 500, and Austin Fast 50 Award recipient, we are seeking an individual that understands the professional and personal growth attached to this opportunity and who has the corresponding internal drive to maximize it.
- Join an industry with massive socio, economic, and political importance in the 21st century
- Partner with prominent clients and help them solve hard security problems
- Work alongside some of the best and the brightest minds in the security industry
- Leave an indelible mark on a company where individual input has real impact
- Align your career trajectory with a hyper growth company that is on the move
- Meet and exceed weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales goals
- Scope new projects with customers and practice leads
- Generate custom proposals based on customer need and budget
- Efficiently close sales bookings while maintaining a healthy win rate
- Act as a trusted advisory through demonstrated integrity and competency
- Individual sales bookings objectives and key results
- 5+ years of experience in the cyber security industry
- 2+ years of experience in consultative technical sales
- Broad understanding of the cyber security industry
- Familiarity with a modern sales tech stack
- Bachelors degree from a top ten university
- Consultative sales approach that always places the customer first
- Maniacal hunger, fanatical work ethic, and effective time management
- Always On with rapid response and turnaround times to drive sales velocity
- Self induced desire to hit aggressive sales targets while outpacing the competition
- Coachable with regular feedback and comfortable with honest self-assessment
- Autodidact with natural curiosity for learning and a passion for cyber security
- Ability to self-direct work, orient to action, and truly own the position in a hyper-growth environment
- Effective and professional communication skills both written and verbal
If this position is wildly successful, in one year you will have:
- Consistently achieved a quarterly quota of $1M+
- Become a trusted advisor to keystone customers
- Taken complete ownership of the role and its responsibilities
- Highly competitive salary
- Performance-based incentive compensation
- Ownership opportunity through employee stock option plan
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 4% company 401K matching vested immediately
- Company contributions to training and conferences
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Praetorian. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We ask that you please include a few paragraphs about yourself and what you are passionate about in your application.