With a $10M series A raise in hand, Praetorian is making a significant investment in developing a radically new customer experience we call “Security-as-a-Service” to provide customers with a unified, efficient, and data-driven security platform. We are looking to add the right individual to our growing team supporting the next wave of cybersecurity products and solutions. As part of that investment, Praetorian is seeking a Senior UI/UX Designer.
From software hacking to hardware hacking, we help secure everything from cryptocurrency exchanges and space telescopes to autonomous vehicles and the electric grid. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best security engineers in the world who hail from organizations such as Amazon, CIA, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, NSA, Redhat, Sun Microsystems, and US Air Force. As an Inc. Best Places to Work, Inc. 500 | 5000, Cybersecurity 500, and Austin Fast 50 Award recipient, we are seeking an individual that understands the professional and personal growth attached to this opportunity and who has the corresponding internal drive to maximize it.
To learn more about Praetorian, visit: https://www.praetorian.com/careers
- Join an industry with massive socio, economic, and political importance in the 21st century
- Partner with prominent clients and help them solve hard security problems
- Work alongside some of the best and the brightest minds in the security industry
- Leave an indelible mark on a company where individual input has real impact
- Be recognized, internally and publicly, for your contributions in a high profile position
- Align your career trajectory with a hyper-growth company that is on the move
- Be part of the initial team designing and building out this product
- Work closely with customers, engineering, product, services, and marketing teams
- Create wire-frames, beautiful mockups, amazing prototypes, and pixel perfect designs
- Test for intuitiveness and user experience, iterate existing designs, and optimize to perfection
- Drive the development and communication of design guidelines, patterns, and libraries
- Present rationale for design decisions to both internal teams and clients
- 5+ years experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Experience in high-tech, start-up environments
- Referenceable portfolio of representative design work
- Experience in structure techniques, logical examinations, and user personas
- Experience with material design
- Experience with invision app
- Experience in b2b saas design
- BS in design, interaction design, or human computer interaction
- Relentless restlessness to improve precision and scalability of the platform
- Ability to maintain high levels of output and work ethic
- Personable individual who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity in an environment where we build the plane as we fly it
- Ability to work within constraints and to challenge the status quo
- Ability to self-direct work, orient to action, and truly own the position in a hyper-growth environment
- Highly competitive base-salary
- Eligible for performance-based incentive compensation
- Employee stock option plan
- Health insurance
- 4% company 401K matching vested immediately
- Company contributions to training and conferences
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Praetorian. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We ask that you please include a few paragraphs about yourself and what you are passionate about in your application.