As a collective of highly technical engineers and developers offering deep security expertise, Praetorian solves the toughest challenges faced by Fortune 500 organizations and emerging technology startups across an ever-evolving digital threat landscape. Our solutions enable customers to find, fix, stop, and ultimately solve cybersecurity problems across the enterprise and its product portfolios.
Today, Praetorian is making significant investments in terms of financial and engineering resources to develop a radically new customer experience we call “Security-as-a-Service” to provide customers with a unified, efficient, and data-driven security platform. This platform uses machine learning to find security vulnerabilities in real time in customers source code. We are looking to add the right software engineer to our growing team supporting the next wave of cybersecurity products and solutions.
Praetorian is seeking a Principal Software Engineer that specializes in the intricacies of programming languages. As an Inc. Best Places to Work, Inc. 500 | 5000, Cybersecurity 500, and Austin Fast 50 Award recipient, we are seeking an individual that understands the professional and personal growth attached to this opportunity and who has the corresponding internal drive to maximize it. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best security engineers in the world who hail from organizations such as Amazon, CIA, Facebook, Google, McAfee, Microsoft, NSA, Redhat, Sun Microsystems, and Symantec.
To learn more about Praetorian, visit: https://www.praetorian.com/careers
- Join an industry with massive socio, economic, and political importance in the 21st century
- Partner with prominent clients and help them solve hard security problems
- Work alongside some of the best and the brightest minds in the security industry
- Leave an indelible mark on a company where individual input has real impact
- Be recognized, internally and publicly, for your contributions in a high profile position
- Align your career trajectory with a hyper-growth company that is on the move
- Be part of the initial team designing and building out this product
- Strong background in compiler theory and development
- Strong understanding of programming languages, compiler-related data structures, algorithms and optimizations
- Capable of working closely with fellow engineers
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly spin up
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Experience with modern tech stacks and development practices
- Experience in programming languages, abstract representations, compiler theory, and assembly
- Experience with program analysis and verification
- Experience with data flow and control flow analysis
- Experience with static and dynamic source code analysis
- Experience with micro-services architectures
- Experience with Google Compute, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with agile/scrum development
- Experience with test driven development, unit testing, and continuous integration
- BS in computer science or computer engineering
- Highly competitive base-salary
- Eligible for performance-based incentive compensation
- Employee stock option plan
- Health insurance
- 4% company 401K matching vested immediately
- Company contributions to training and conferences
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We ask that you please include a few paragraphs about yourself and what you are passionate about in your application.