Position Overview: Today, Praetorian is making significant investments in terms of financial and engineering resources to develop a radically new customer experience we call “Security-as-a-Service” to provide customers with a unified, efficient, and data-driven security platform. We are looking to add the right individual to our growing team supporting the next wave of cybersecurity products and solutions. As part of that investment, Praetorian is seeking a seasoned Machine Learning Engineer with a successful track record in machine learning in a hyper growth company setting. Reporting to the Director of Machine Learning, your job is to design and develop machine learning techniques to find security vulnerabilities.
From software hacking to hardware hacking, we help secure everything from cryptocurrency exchanges and space telescopes to autonomous vehicles and the electric grid. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best security engineers in the world who hail from organizations such as Amazon, CIA, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, NSA, Redhat, Sun Microsystems, and US Air Force. As an Inc. Best Places to Work, Inc. 500 | 5000, CyberSecurity 500, and Austin Fast 50 Award recipient, we are seeking an individual that understands the professional and personal growth attached to this opportunity and who has the corresponding internal drive to maximize it.
- Join an industry with massive socio, economic, and political importance in the 21st century
- Work alongside some of the best and the brightest minds in the security industry
- Leave an indelible mark on a company where individual input has real impact
- Be recognized, internally and publicly, for your contributions in a high profile position
- Align your career trajectory with a hyper growth company that is on the move
- Create machine learning algorithms to find security vulnerabilities within customer code bases
- Create the roadmap of how to continually evolve the machine learning infrastructure and techniques to improve Praetorian's ability to find security vulnerabilities for our customers in real time
- Jointly design the overall system needed to solve our machine learning challenges with Senior engineering talent
- Mentor junior data scientists and teach them how to use machine learning techniques to solve real world problems
- Creation of machine learning models to find security vulnerabilities
- Accuracy of machine learning models in finding security vulnerabilities
- Creation of necessary infrastructure, along with engineering proper, to develop machine learning models
- Creation of necessary infrastructure, along with engineering proper, to develop machine learning pipelines
- 10+ years of machine learning experience
- 10+ years development experience
- Background in automata theory and complex information processing
- Prior track record in a hyper-growth, high-tech company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Prior track record of developing ML techniques in interesting fields
- 5+ years experience in a Agile development environment
- Experience with Google Cloud Machine Learning / Tensorflow
- Masters or doctorate from a tier one institution
- Innovative thinking that harnesses the promise of machine learning to solve the cyber security problem in new and novel ways
- Relentless restlessness to turn theory into practice and develop production worthy code that solves real-world customer problems
- Ability to scientifically state the performance of the models in a way that both data scientists and regular people can understand
- Determination to always learn and get better and never rest on ones laurels
- Personable individual who enjoys working in a team-oriented environment
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity in an environment where we build the plane as we fly it
- Ability to work within constraints and to challenge the status quo
- Ability to self-direct work and truly own the position in a hyper-growth environment
- Competitive compensation
- Ownership opportunity through employee stock option plan
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 4% company 401K matching vested immediately
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Praetorian. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We ask that you please include a few paragraphs about yourself and what you are passionate about in your application.