Position Overview: The team provides security assessment and advisory services to the Fortune 500 and venture-backed start-ups with a focus on penetration testing and advanced red team engagements. Most of the technical work you do on a regular basis will involve working on assessments that align with your interests and expertise.
As an Inc 500 | 5000, CyberSecurity 500, and Austin Fast 50 Award recipient, we are seeking an individual that understands the professional and personal growth attached to this opportunity and who has the corresponding internal drive to maximize it.
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best security engineers in the world who hail from organizations such as Amazon, CIA, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, NSA, and Sun Microsystems.
- Join an industry with massive socio, economic, and political importance in the 21st century
- Work alongside some of the best and the brightest minds in the security industry
- Work with prominent clients and help them solve hard security problems
- Leave an indelible mark on a company where individual input has real impact
- Align your career trajectory with a hyper growth company that is on the move
- Lead network security assessment engagements
- Perform advanced red team operations
- Perform adaptive purple team tabletop exercises
- Perform white-box network security assessments
- Familiarity with modern IT security deployments in large enterprises
- Offensive security and penetration testing experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 2+ years of cyber security experience
- Prior security consulting experience
- Track record in vulnerability research and CVE assignments
- Track record presenting at major security conferences
- OSCP, OSCE, or OSEE
- BS in computer science, engineering, or management information systems
Aside from technical work, you will be making significant, measurable, and frequent contributions to Praetorian’s growth and development. The work you do here will be fun, challenging, and impactful. We like hearing from people. We encourage you to apply if you see a fit. We ask that you please include a few paragraphs about yourself and what you are passionate about in your application. In addition to everything listed thus far, Praetorian provides:
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for performance-based incentive compensation
- Employee stock option plan
- Health insurance
- 4% company 401K matching vested immediately
- No formal vacation policy
- Flexible hours and working environment
- Limited travel requirements. Near 0% for those involved in application security
- Company contributions to training and conferences
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.