Founded in 1901, ChildCareGroup’s mission is to champion a strong two generation system that teaches children and parents, trains early childhood professionals, and assists families. The Vice President (VP) of People and Culture will work closely with the President/CEO and senior leadership to develop strategy and implement effective Human Resources operations for ChildCareGroup’s most important asset—its people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
ChildCareGroup is seeking a VP of People & Culture to help champion a people-focused, solutions-oriented approach that allows our entire organization to thrive. The successful candidate will work with the senior management team to successfully navigate the complex challenges of a fast-growing organization. We are seeking a candidate with both business partnering and executive coaching skills to mentor, and guide strategic investment in our talent, culture, and capabilities to fuel the growth of our agency. Candidates must support and promote ChildCareGroup’s culture around its Mission, Vision, and Core Values and its commitment to equity and inclusion. Other responsibilities include:
- Lead and supervise the People & Culture department to ensure best practices in system-wide HR programs including recruitment, onboarding, training, and benefits administration
- Develop and execute strategies to attract, hire, develop, and retain top talent in all areas of the agency
- Ensure compliance with all human resources laws and regulations
- Utilize technology and appropriate resources to create efficiencies and streamline functions
- Oversee efforts to be recognized as a nonprofit Employer of Choice (or Best Places to Work company)
- Help support CCG’s mission and objectives through a comprehensive human capital strategy
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Human Resources Expertise
- Provide HR knowledge and expertise as part of overall agency decision-making
- Ensure alignment of HR policies and procedures with organizational values and goals
- Develop overall strategy to meet current and anticipated future human capital needs
- Responsible for HR compliance and minimizing legal and financial risk to organization
- Ethical Practice
- Model the ChildCareGroup Core Values – SPIRIT – and demonstrate the highest ethical standards and practices
- Uphold and reinforce the agency commitment to ethics, equity and inclusion
- Maintain contemporary knowledge of ethics, laws, standards, legislation and emerging trends that may affect organizational HR practice
- Leadership and Navigation
- As a member of the CCG Senior Leadership Team, develop, communicate and champion the mission, vision and strategy of the organization, and ensure alignment with all HR practices
- Serve as the influential voice for HR strategies, philosophies and initiatives within the organization
- Lead HR staff in communicating and upholding ChildCareGroup’s organizational culture
- Business Acumen
- Develop HR business strategies to drive key business results
- Maintain expert knowledge of key industry and organization metrics – 'know the business'
- Align HR strategy, goals and objectives to overall business strategy and objectives; anticipate HR needs related to new business development
- Implement HR technology strategy to ensure smooth business operations and employee engagement
- Proficient in standard computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite, HR management software systems)
- Organizational Assessment and Design - Educate, advise and support managers on organizational design and implementation of changes, organizational development, competency models, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, succession planning, talent reviews and change management.
- Develop strategy for organizational systems of communication
- Draft messages to be delivered to employees regarding both every day and high-visibility organizational issues
- Relationship Management
- Help to foster a culture that supports intra-organizational relationships throughout the organization (e.g., silo busting)
- Create conflict resolution strategies and processes throughout the organization
- Design strategies for improving relationship management performance metrics
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resources, organizational culture or related field. Graduate degree and professional certification preferred.
At least 10 years demonstrated and proven success in human resources, human capital management and/or organizational culture in increasingly responsible management positions with successful execution and track record and history of ethical, exemplary leadership. Experience must include the following:
- Leadership and supervisory experience leading direct reports
- Track record of effectively leading a performance-based and outcome- based team
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategies that have taken a program ororganization to the next stage of growth
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects at the same time, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees as well as Board members and the public
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Physical: Work requires normal physical effort with any lifting restricted to items weighing less than 25 pounds; visual attention; manual dexterity/coordination. Regular attendance and presence in the office is required.
- Cognitive/Mental: Ability to focus; have attention to details; coordinate and manage numerous tasks simultaneously; prioritize and meet deadlines; maintain positive attitude and ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Travel: Must have a valid Texas driver's license with driving record acceptable to CCG's automobileinsurance carrier, liability insurance coverage and own transportation available. Ability to travel locally to CCG office locations required. Mileage reimbursement is provided for required travel
ChildCareGroup is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
No agency or third-party candidates will be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format to email@example.com.