Imaging everyone -- our vision at Positrigo is to bring nuclear medical imaging to the patients. That is why we work to develop the smallest and most affordable brain PET scanner -- combining cutting-edge medical imaging technology with simplicity to enable the early detection of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's. We are an early ETH Zurich spinoff, looking for our first employees. With your help we want to take our operational prototype to the markets!
We are enhancing our development team with a software engineer - detector system lead. You will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and testing of software systems in our nuclear medical imaging devices. As a software engineer, you help drive the development by building on your expertise. As a leader you will take ownership of the detector system development and coordinate our internal and external development collaborators. You help build complex medical products while ensuring high quality, reliability, safety for patients, and maintainability.
- Development of software solutions for nuclear medical devices, comprising custom sensors, high-speed networking interfaces, fast parallel data processing, hardware controls
- Design and development of our DAQ (and peripheral systems such as image reconstruction, networking APIs, etc.)
- Continuous testing and integration, validation, verification, building and improvement of tool-chains
- System optimization for performance, reliability, safety
- Coordination of software and hardware suppliers
- Coordination of our development teams on specs and interfaces
- Technical design, development, and documentation in accordance with medical device regulations, while maintaining agility
- University degree in software engineering related field, such as computer science, electrical engineering, experimental physics, ... (FH/ETH/UNI)
- Working experience in R&D of detector systems
- Strong practical knowledge about modern software development (Git, CI, CD, ..), ability and willingness to write clean, well organized code in C, C++, and Python
- Practical knowledge of complex software systems close to hardware & how to build them
- Practical knowledge about fast data processing, multi-processing, multi-threading, inter-process-communication, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness for documentation
- Sense of responsibility, driven
- Practical knowledge about networking (UDP, TCP/IP, Linux network stack)
- Practical experience with GPU data processing
- Practical experience in writing calibration measurement systems
- Work experience in strongly regulated field (medical, automotive, …)
You are an engaged personality, used to work proactively and with precision – on your own and in a team – and you are passionate about your work. You enjoy broadening your horizon in order to master new technologies and like to expand your skills continuously. Your profile is complemented by a good knowledge of English and, ideally, also German.
We offer you a job with a purpose, a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a young and ambitious team, a chance to leverage your experience, bring in your own ideas, and a job in the heart of Zurich (Technopark, currently remote!).