Position Status: Part -Time
Pay Rate: $12.00/hour
Requested Start Date: 02/15/2020
Shifts will vary - hours of operation 8 am - 8 pm. Must work nights and weekends.
Professional, personable, detail oriented individual to work a busy spa desk within a resort.
Summary of the main function/purpose of the position:
To assist the Spa Director and/or Spa Supervisor, guests, owners and other staff members efficiently, courteously and professionally in all spa functions, while maintaining the resort’s standards of service, quality and hospitality at all times.
Key Principal duties/responsibilities:
- Greet all guests/owners/staff coming in to the Lifestyle Center (LSC) in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answer all questions regarding spa services, amenities, policies and procedures, and any questions regarding the resort appropriately
- Schedule and confirm appointments appropriately and with all required information according to the SOP.
- Enter and ring out transactions in ClubSoft appropriately and per the SOP.
- Answer the Spa phone cordially and according to the SOP.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Spa front desk area, treatment rooms/cabanas, and hot tub area and lockers rooms. Keep spa towels and toiletries stocked at all times.
- Wash/Dry/Fold/Put Away spa linens and towels.
- Enter therapist transactions in the Daily Transaction Logs both written and computerized.
- Make sure therapists arrive timely for appointments.
- Always Sell, Sell, Sell. Try to UP SELL all services, treatments and retail products.
- Make sure all therapists schedules/availability are written in the appointment book at least weekly and in a timely manner. May need to contact therapists and get their availability.
- Assure that only guests/owners/Club Portofino members over the age of 21 years old are allowed into the spa (unless accompanied by a parent while getting a service).
Occasional duties or projects which may be performed at irregular intervals:
- Cover the Concierge or Market areas during breaks or whenever they may need assistance.
- Cover over at Aqua Spa when staffing is needed.
- Assist with inventory of products.
- Assist with training of new Spa Desk/Coordinator staff as needed.
- Attend staff and training meetings.
Accountability: Areas in which the position is accountable/responsible:
Spa at Portofino
Aqua Spa/Fitness Center at Beach Club
Educational and/or equivalence in experience requirements:
High School Education
Customer Service Skills
Good Communication Skills
Retail/Sales Experience Preferred
Specialized or technical educational requirements:
- Ability to input data in to a computer spreadsheet.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business information.
Certification or licensing requirements:
Specialized equipment or machines used in the course of the duties of the position.
Company Computer, ClubSoft register, printer, calculator and standard office equipment and machines as required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, and is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee may occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Spa Desk is located in the Lifestyle Center, which is the central area where guests/owners congregate. It is a very busy environment and will require the spa desk person to interact and assist others the majority of times. The environment inside of the Spa is to remain tranquil and peaceful for those enjoying and working there.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work with minimum supervision and a high degree of autonomy.
Must be reliable and punctual.